• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wow Roland Cleaner Went Up In Price!

player

I just ordered 1 500ml of Roland cleaner. With tax, and no shipping $116.65 Canadian!

That equals $883.14 for 1 US gallon.

Stop the insanity!

reQ

Are you drinking the stuff or what?!

I've got one of the little 100ml bottles that I've been using for at least a year, and I use it to clean both our Rolands.

So that $116 + shipping can keep your printer clean for....oh I don't know. 10 years or so?

(smarta$$ comments aside, I have noticed Roland ink going up lately too. I think we're up to $145 CDN for 440's now :cool:)

Yup, 145.99 here in Sask.

rjssigns

I use straight butyl carb on my Roland.(one part of artbots recipe) 50 or 60 bucks a gallon IIRC. Great for removing ink drops/head strikes from banners too.

Roland cleaning solution wouldn't even soften the ink. Makes ya wonder why you buy something to clean ink off your printer and it can't dissolve ink...

player

I use straight butyl carb on my Roland.(one part of artbots recipe) 50 or 60 bucks a gallon IIRC. Great for removing ink drops/head strikes from banners too.

Roland cleaning solution wouldn't even soften the ink. Makes ya wonder why you buy something to clean ink off your printer and it can't dissolve ink...

Does it hurt the rubber caps?

player

Are you drinking the stuff or what?!

I've got one of the little 100ml bottles that I've been using for at least a year, and I use it to clean both our Rolands.

So that $116 + shipping can keep your printer clean for....oh I don't know. 10 years or so?

(smarta$$ comments aside, I have noticed Roland ink going up lately too. I think we're up to $145 CDN for 440's now :cool:)

It will only last 6 months or so... I clean my printer really well. It may last a year. I don't know. That's why I paid it. It just seems like such a blatant ripoff.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Regardless of the price or how fast you use it, that's less than a dollar a day. What do you spend on paper towels a day...... or toilet paper. There's all kindsa things need cleaning. Charge it to the business and get over it. Move on to things that really matter.

Like someone else said, I bought our bottle about 3 years ago and it's still over 1/2 full.​

player

Regardless of the price or how fast you use it, that's less than a dollar a day. What do you spend on paper towels a day...... or toilet paper. There's all kindsa things need cleaning. Charge it to the business and get over it. Move on to things that really matter.
Like someone else said, I bought our bottle about 3 years ago and it's still over 1/2 full.​

I don't think you clean your printers as well as I do, because I use 1 or 2 per year.

Rationalize it any way you want, but $883 for a gallon of thinner is highway robbery.

Sign Works

I don't think you clean your printers as well as I do, because I use 1 or 2 per year.

Rationalize it any way you want, but $883 for a gallon of thinner is highway robbery.

I am meticulous about cleaning my printer, 500ml bottle of cleaner purchased 5 years ago and is still half full. Shoot I even recently installed a new printhead and during that process we cleaned extensively and flushed the old printhead with cleaner, bottle is still half full. For me that works out to be roughly $7.90 a year for cleaning solution, hell I spend way more than that on the swabs, hell I spend way more than that on toilet paper.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I am meticulous about cleaning my printer, 500ml bottle of cleaner purchased 5 years ago and is still half full. Shoot I even recently installed a new printhead and during that process we cleaned extensively and flushed the old printhead with cleaner, bottle is still half full. For me that works out to be roughly $7.90 a year for cleaning solution, hell I spend way more than that on the swabs, hell I spend way more than that on toilet paper.

Signworks, you use swabs and toilet paper to clean the same "equipment"?
Seems messy.......
:rolleyes:

On another note - in a pinch you can cut open a cleaning cart and have about 200ml of cleaning solution for less than $50.00

wayne k
guam usa

gnatt66

i bought a plain white jar on ebay that just says "eco solvent cleaning solution" on it. smells and acts the same and i think it was 25 bucks?