• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wrap a RC Truck

OlsonSigns601

The guy dropped it off and I'm looking at it and the plastic is really, really thin and I'm afraid if I took a torch to it, I'm going to melt the plastic and besides that its so flimsy I'm not sure I would be able to put any pressure on it to get it to wrap.

Just wondering if anyone has ever wrapped a Racing RC Car before.

Its suppose to be the "PACE" car for their track.

Attachments

• RC.jpg
    RC.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 120
J

john1

I wouldn't think it would be worth your time honestly. I mean how much could you really charge for a $200 toy?

amw

Longtime Members
I would get a new body for it ($25) paint the inside then put some decals on it and be done with it.

TresL

We wrap a lot of them. $65-$95 a pop. Customer installs.
FYI: $200 wouldn't touch a full race version.

Conor Knoxx

I've messed with my own a bit - cut some tribals or designs - stick it on the inside (should be a clear body) then paint inside with a solid colour. Actually wrapping... mmmm.... I'm not so sure how that would go or stay..
The bodies are polycarbonate I think, so they're a lot tougher than they look.

tyzero

Typical wrap film. I wouldnt use a torch though. I suggest heat gun. And no matter how good you install it, the wrap never holds the body shape. I tried using 180cv3 with no real luck.

TresL

Latemodels & most other dirt oval I use 651 as they are mainly flat panels. all Off-road I use MX. It holds up much better. and yes, heat gun is a must.

thewvsignguy

I wouldn't think it would be worth your time honestly. I mean how much could you really charge for a $200 toy?

These are not "toys" as you say it. I have put well over 30k into my hobby in my younger years.

Like everything else: speed costs, how fast do you want to go?

DizzyMarkus

I agree on the toys statement -- I do Planes and Helis -- The larger eLectric bird (89" plane) has about $1500 in it and the Large 700 helis are about $2000 loaded -- People spend but there is a line there.

Markus

The late models (edm type) are easy as they are all flat panels -- would the barrel trick work if clayed the crush points?

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
These are not "toys" as you say it. I have put well over 30k into my hobby in my younger years.

Like everything else: speed costs, how fast do you want to go?

I'm not knocking a hobby...but that's serious seed money for a business...just sayin'....

(Well, maybe I am knocking it...but I've seen too many young men with families who still want to be little boys).

JB

J

john1

I'm not knocking a hobby...but that's serious seed money for a business...just sayin'....

(Well, maybe I am knocking it...but I've seen too many young men with families who still want to be little boys).

JB

x2

HulkSmash

If i have the money, i'm spending it on things i enjoy..
not letting it sit around and get moldy. What's the point of working hard, if you can't have fun with your money. Family is always first, but if there's some left, go ape *****