• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wrap Certifications. Is it worth it?

James Chrimes

I agree, you can teach yourself to do it. However, the opportunity to have experienced installers work with you for a week and be right there to show you and answer questions is almost invaluable. And when you are out selling the service to corporate customers, unfortunatly they put a lot of stock in a piece of paper. What you need to figure out is if you think by taking the course it will better your business and create more money. Best of luck.

CSOCSO

I don't hate paint, I just overlay it.
The question is: is it worth it for the installer so I could ask for more money from the employer or to get a job at a wrap shop

James Chrimes

I would imagine that it would give you credibility. The 3m class is not a just pay and get a piece of paper. They test you and make sure you know what you are doing. If I was looking for an employee to do installs I would hold value in it.

trimitbyrich

I appreciate the insight. Wow, about the first positive thing I've heard. I've signed up for the February class in St Paul. I think it will be worth it.

Kaiser

Here in Portugal some Certificates are absolutely necessary to work with certain clients. A colleague of mine had to wrap a car for BMW Baviera and lost the deal to his competitors based solely on this.

So it all depends on your market imho.

WB

I'm a 3M Preferred installer, I think the program was worth it. The average Joe Customer that walks in off the street doesn't care if your a preferred installer they just care what your price is.
I get emails directly off the 3M website from large Companies that only want Preferred installers doing they're fleet graphics, I've done work for companies in the US and Canada that are a result of the Certification.

Is it going to make you rich no, but it does have the potential to add to your business. Plus it give you confidence to tackle different installs you might not have had any experience with in the past.

Also you get updates and emails from 3M. Right now I'm waiting for my Free Sample of the new 480CV3 Film and laminate.

Really if you get 3-4 Installs in the 1st year because of the course then it`s paid for itself already