• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

wrap class

AUTO-FX

Hey guys n girls, checkin' in from Wharton NJ. Came up here from PA to attend a 2 day MACTAC wrap class hosted at Graphic Resource Systems. Interesting so far - got the whole mactac product pitch this morning- they seem to have good films - and got to test some out this afternoon. Never worked with stuff like Roughwrap. Amazing how you can torch that stuff into a rough masonry surface- NICE ! I would like to sell this product.
Tomorrow is the hands on wrap instruction. Looking forward to picking up some tips from Justin of Mactac. I dont have a whole lot of experience with wrapping, so i hope this helps. I'll let you know tomorrow.
Peace-out!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I was suppose to be there. I scheduled with Dave and had it figured out until I realized I had a prior commitment. Tell Dave I said HI !! Dave Phillips

AUTO-FX

how do you feel about the b-free premium film? Seems good, but they're saying it's not really a cast vinyl. that concerns me even though they propose to have a strong warranty program.

AUTO-FX

Okay, back to work after " wrap class" . Glad I went, got some valuable hands on help from Justin of Mactac. Day two we watched a short video which is actually available on the Mactac website - touches down on all the basics - and then the 15 in the group went to town on a 2009 Ford Edge. Me and another guy volunteered for the liftgate, which I thought would provide more of a challenge , and Justin was right there to guide us. The biggest revelation for me was becoming aware of how much heat you can and need to use. I've been using a heat gun and now i will use a torch much much more. I had no idea how much you can affect the properties of the vinyl with properly applied heat, which makes the impossible possible.

This class was a bit short - should have been a week long. There were too many people attending for Justin to provide close supervision to everyone, and if you went into this with no wrap experience, or at minimum cut vinyl experience, you were clearly not coming away with what you needed. Overall well worth MY time and 200$ as, like i mentioned earlier in this thread, i have a little experience with wrapping, and needed insight and hands on from a pro. And Justin is good, a good instructor.