• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wrap classes differences? Geek Wrap, TWI...

fine point

I am planning to take wrap classes to advance my career. A little research reveals there are numerous training classes all over the country;

• The Wrap Institute (Avery)
  • Geek Wrap (3M)
  • Orafol Wrapping Academy

Does anyone have first hand experience with any of the classes?
Recommend one over the others? If so, why??

Thanks!

FP

rydods

Member for quite some time.
Hi have taken the Wrap Institute classes with Justin pate (full print and advanced color change). I also took and passed the certification exam because I feel it's a great benefit to my business. I personally think Justin Pate is an amazing instructor and I love his attitude. I also stay subscribed to The Wrap Institute for his videos for tips and tricks.

I plan to take 3M's classes in the near future and others soon after. 3M's looks pretty in depth and focuses on more than just vehicles. (walls, floors...)

My suggestion would be to take as many courses as you can from many different companies. They all have so many different things to offer and it's not a bad idea to try different products and tools even though you may prefer one over the other. Your customers may not really know who these companies are but by diversifying, you learn a lot more and the plethora of certificates on the wall make your company look like a bad ass.

LowenCertified

I am planning to take wrap classes to advance my career. A little research reveals there are numerous training classes all over the country;

• The Wrap Institute (Avery)
  • Geek Wrap (3M)
  • Orafol Wrapping Academy

Does anyone have first hand experience with any of the classes?
Recommend one over the others? If so, why??

Thanks!

FP
Hello FP, I am sure those programs you have listed are very good training programs, but if you are researching for a 3M Preferred installers training and testing program, please also check out: www.lowencertified.com. We train and test weekly and are the original 3M Preferred Graphic Installers program started in 2009. Over the years, we have trained and tested members of MoB, United Wrap Syndicate, and other installation organizations and companies internationally. We award millions of dollars in installation contracts to Lowen Certified, 3M Preferred Installers annually. Our relationship with you continues as our Lowen Installation Alliance takes over after you have passed the 3M Preferred test. Compare prices and benefits from the various programs and you can select the best fit for your needs. If you have any questions, please email (denniss@lowen.com) or call me (888-201-8945). We are listed on 3M's website and at lowencertified.com. Thanks. Dennis

Last edited:

fine point

Hi rydods and Dennis.
Thanks for your feedback. I was inclined toward Avery (twi) since there will be one closer to home but I will definitely look into more on Lowen. It looks like a good program.

Thanks!

FP

LowenCertified

Hi rydods and Dennis.
Thanks for your feedback. I was inclined toward Avery (twi) since there will be one closer to home but I will definitely look into more on Lowen. It looks like a good program.

Thanks!

FP
Hi rydods and Dennis.

Thanks!

FP
Thanks FP and best wishes to you on your future in this business. It is a wonderful profession.Best regards, Dennis

I am 3m preferred, Lowen certified, 3m di noc certified, and Avery certified. I have also done many other wrap classes that don't offer certification. I think it depends on what you primarily wrap. If you only want to wrap vehicles, that's all they really work on in the Avery class. If you want the experience of wrapping all types of different things, then the 3m preferred classes is what you will want. I took mine with Dennis at Lowen, and it was great. All the staff is friendly and glad to help you advance your skills. You will learn skills and tricks in each of the classes that the other won't offer. In my opinion take both!