• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

wrap design feedback

yamaha581

Hey everyone,
Weve been thinking about wrapping our small trailer we have that we take to races with us. We just wanted to get some feedback as to what everyone thinks about the design and how it would look.
Thanks!
MX Graphics

Attachments

• mx graphics trailer wrap.jpg
    mx graphics trailer wrap.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 57

heyskull

I normally do not critique but this time I will.
You may as well get a bucket of red and a bucket of yellow paint and throw it over the sides of your trailer for all the advertising space that has been wasted.
This is a typical MX background which can be to fussy and distracting to what's going on around it.
First ditch the background and start with a blank sheet.
You are trying to promote your business so instead of a busy background effect you want to make your message stand out.

SC

CheapVehicleWrap

Hey everyone,
Weve been thinking about wrapping our small trailer we have that we take to races with us. We just wanted to get some feedback as to what everyone thinks about the design and how it would look.
Thanks!
MX Graphics

Signage should be SIGNS imo
.org hu? Sounds non-profit but nowadays many are. CVW is non profit.

WI

This look can be pulled off, but it's hard, and you have not accomplished it here.

First of all, your background and your foreground -cannot- swap colors. Right now you've got white letters and white elements in the background, and because of that even letters with heavy black outlines get obliterated.

Multiple sets of high-contrast outlines (like the ones on "MX") are poison. They're hard to read and oftentimes literally hurt to look at. If you've got to add more interest to your letters, step the outlines down in a logical progression (light to dark, etc.) or possibly add a SUBTLE gradient to the face of the letters. Anything too busy and they'll get sucked into that background.

Speaking of outlines, it's good that you're using them on a design like this, but consider thickening them up quite a bit. You basically want the outline of your lettering to be thicker than any other linear elements that are going to run behind your text, if that makes any sense. Also, please note that outlines are sort of a crutch, they work, but there's ways to create legibility in a design that doesn't create as much noise.

Also note that your URL down at the bottom is getting pretty badly lost. Without getting into a long discussion of physics and color theory, just bear in mind that that colors that are on the extreme left and right of the spectrum (red and blue/violet) generally read as darker colors, no matter how bright they are. Bump your website up to white or yellow (assuming you take the yellow out of the background) or even green if you're feeling punchy. See if that doesn't pop more.

Basically, the one rule that really matters here is that if someone can look at this and and understand it while they're driving by at 65 miles an hour, mission accomplished. If not, back to the drawing board.

yamaha581

Thanks for all the feedback guys, we really appreciate it.

I do agree with it being a little busy and somewhat hard to read. At first when I did it I thought that the white in the background made the text a little hard to read as well and i was thinking of changing the white in the background to a different color but not sure yet.

.org was the only one available when we had went to register for a domain and we didnt want to have to add something to our name for the web address so we just kept .org

I will go ahead and get things changed up and I will post it on here again and see if its any better.

Thanks again

4R Graphics

Best way to judge if the graphics are good or not is to step back from your computer screen if you cant read it from 10 to 15 feet away on your screen then its to busy or not laid out right.

This method works for almost anything you design (if you want people to be able to read it and retain it)

I believe Jill refers to it as the squint test basiclly squint your eyes when looking at the screen if its hard to read its wrong.

Wraps ink

bearwen...thats what I do I like this style of graphics but this did not hit the mark, make the background monotoned and let your logo and info pop with color. and find better fonts...and never do a blue letter with a black outline it never shows up well

It's way too busy and there is too much color, most of which doesn't work well together the way this is laid out. My eyes are drawn to the red blob in the background, not the information. It fails the squint test and as was said is a waste of what could be good advertising space. The blue text becomes lost in the background when placed over a red background. I would go more monotone with the background and use the warmer colors in the foreground to make the information pop. Also, never ever use white in the foreground and the background both, especially not in the same areas. The white should be used in the foreground and omitted from the background to elevate depth and contrast.

visual800

this is exactly what I call crap. This is what has ruined the sign business. Loud, obnoxious, unorganized and nothing makes sense and your eyes are all over the place. It is pointless to do this and expect it to be read on the road. if this however was the look your going for you nailed it.

When I see stuff like this I just turn away, sorry just my opinion