• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wrap Design/Printing Question

Tony27

I have installed wraps, first time designing & printing. Question: I have the layout over the template with a 3" bleed all around, Now when I send it to print in Flexi do I just put in a .50 panel over lap? Or is there another step to take? My concern is the panel overlapswith the text & graphics lining up correctly. Any help is appreciated.

CheapVehicleWrap

Newark, Saddle Brook and Manhattan.
Sound like you're doing what you need to in flexi. No extra steps. Lining up will be fine when installing.

boxerbay

what are you wrapping? how about paneling horizontally vs vertically so you wont need to match up all the text later when installing?

speedmedia

Don't do it. In my past experience it has never worked well either.

Try to print each body panel of the vehicle separate so you don't have seams at all is the best way to go. You can about get a seamless wrap on many vehicles, takes a little extra setup time but without having those nasty looking seams everywhere and a quicker install.

Thanks,
Kurt

boxerbay

almost all vehicles will have a horizontal trim line where the seam is hidden. I find it faster to install horizontal because I dont have to align any text later on. try aligning text on a vehicle like an HHR with vert panels. As soon as you hit the fenders you'll be in trouble. the horizontal seam is usually going to go either in the bend on a van or across the window pillars. you can usually get away with just a .25 overlap.

Attachments

• vehicle-wraps.jpg
    vehicle-wraps.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 84
  • Photo0500.jpg
    Photo0500.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 117
Last edited: