• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wrap Fading

Wraps ink

We did this Transit in April of 2014 and the orange is fading bad....not sure if its the laminate, the ink or what I've never seen this you can tell where we seamed the wrap the fade is much less which is strange. we have an epson gs6000 and have had it for 4 years now and I have heard the stories about the inks fading but this is the first wrap I've seen fade out of a few hundred so I don't know what to think. The film is Avery 1005 super cast with 1360 DOL laminate. It also doesn't help that they never wash the thing either.

Attachments

• 20150122_160133_resized.jpg
    20150122_160133_resized.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 154
That laminate only mentions UV resistant. It says nothing about being a UV protectant. I would say they sit in the sun all day everyday and that's where the issue is coming from. I would think the seam probably has an extra coat of something on that and that's why it's not fading that fast. Lighter colors like yellows and some oranges fade really fast. Have you done other wraps with large sections of the same color on them. If so? Maybe it is a problem with your laminate batch.

trimitbyrich

Not sure what ink you are using but the Ecosol inks have a UV guard in them and are generally guaranteed for 3- 4 years outdoor use. When laminated they should last even longer.

Question: is this happening on both sides? Yes, that is very strange.

handbrake

I have the same strange problem. The inks do fade fast with the GS6000 by the way, but as mentioned in a previous thread I'm not sure how to explain this.... my prints are suffering fade on the leading edge of the print. See attached.

Attachments

• IMG_5982.jpg
    IMG_5982.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 136

HulkSmash

GS 6000 is Notorious for the yellow/orange fade.

the printer is garbage - has nothing to do with media or lam.