• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wrap Hood W/ Clear for Protection

fresh

If you're going to use PPF, then it really should go OVER the graphics, IMO. Every PPF that I've seen is calendered and would need to be replaced with the graphics anyway. It's not like the PPF would benefit the car when removing the cast vinyl wrap.

that is actually good news, since we are lettering the car on Thursday and i'm still researching PPF. :)

T_K

that is actually good news, since we are lettering the car on Thursday and i'm still researching PPF. :)

I've used the Oraguard 270 clear PPF, but only on flat surfaces. It goes on ok, but has to be a wet install if you want to avoid a cloudy texture underneath. Can't say much about wear and tear as I've never seen the product after install.

Dallas225

Paint protection film is nothing like wrapping a car. We do both, and ppf is absolutely a different beast. It needs to be done wet - you cannot do it dry. And it’s not as easy as the videos make it out to be - mistakes get expensive too as the material is pretty wild in price. If you can, farm it out if you have no experience and he wants a full hood done - you’ll thank yourself, I assure you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OADesign

Interesting stuff. Looking up some the the info others have posted, I found this:

Can't speak on the guys technique... But the end result if pretty cool. I'm surprised I had not heard of it before. Cool stuff. I'm interested to see how much this stuff goes for.

Dallas225

Interesting stuff. Looking up some the the info others have posted, I found this:

Can't speak on the guys technique... But the end result if pretty cool. I'm surprised I had not heard of it before. Cool stuff. I'm interested to see how much this stuff goes for.

We sell a full hood on a truck installed for about $900-$1000.00 and that includes wrapping the edges underneath the hood, a lot of installers won’t do that. Our installed price is between $25.00-$30.00 per square foot. It’s good stuff - it’s saved a ton of damage to our vehicles from the roads up here. We mostly do high end vehicles with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk