• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wrap Media

k6media

Hey guys! It seems like ages since I've popped onto signs101 for a post!

How are things? How's business!

I was lying in bed tonight trying to think of some new ideas. It's always important to stay innovative, and I was wondering if there is anything new and exciting that is being done out there?

Have you done any interesting projects recently? Used a combination of materials for a unique final product? Anything that is out of the box!

Our most recent "out of the box" project was last week. We did a full vehicle wrap with a 3D component on both sides. 1 side had half a volleyball mounted to the window perf.. and on the other side half of a soccerball. I will post pictures soon!

Hope all is well!

xtreme

First post but long time lurker here. I'm new to the vehicle wrap thing. I always turn to this forum for ideas, inspiration or to solve a problem.

Having been a graphic designer for almost 20 years, I've designed a ton of vehicle wraps and graphics but have never been on the installing side of it. It's an eye opener. That being said, we just completed our first vehicle of sorts. I designed a layout and helped deck out an IndyCar show car for Motegi Racing using a combination of colored, digital and black carbon fiber vinyl. I tried to think outside the box but ALMOST ended up creating a monster. We wrapped front and back wings and the back wing support in carbon fiber. Used lots of detail stripes in colored vinyl. Finished it off with cut and digital Motegi Racing logos in key spots. Customer loved it! Waiting on good pics since they rushed it off to put killer tires/rims on it for display this week at Texas Motor Speedway.

Taking it from design to install was definitely a chore, but it was well worth the effort. Big thanks to all here for various tips, tricks and ideas. Hope to contribute more now that I've broken the ice.

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
I have a couple new ideas of combining some technologies..but i'm not telling them in here...that's for freakin sure. :) Not til I get a patent on them anyway.

k6media

Very cool! Anxious to see it!

First post but long time lurker here. I'm new to the vehicle wrap thing. I always turn to this forum for ideas, inspiration or to solve a problem.

Having been a graphic designer for almost 20 years, I've designed a ton of vehicle wraps and graphics but have never been on the installing side of it. It's an eye opener. That being said, we just completed our first vehicle of sorts. I designed a layout and helped deck out an IndyCar show car for Motegi Racing using a combination of colored, digital and black carbon fiber vinyl. I tried to think outside the box but ALMOST ended up creating a monster. We wrapped front and back wings and the back wing support in carbon fiber. Used lots of detail stripes in colored vinyl. Finished it off with cut and digital Motegi Racing logos in key spots. Customer loved it! Waiting on good pics since they rushed it off to put killer tires/rims on it for display this week at Texas Motor Speedway.

Taking it from design to install was definitely a chore, but it was well worth the effort. Big thanks to all here for various tips, tricks and ideas. Hope to contribute more now that I've broken the ice.