• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wrap Pricing

Sign-Man Signs

As usual I had customer call me today to wrap a new box truck, FRP sides, 16 foot long and 7 foot high each side. It's the usual "hey can you give a ball park cost on wrap a new truck for me" I won't hold you to it, I just need a price to get my insurance going. Being a "friend" I tell him about $2200.00 but that's "ball park".
Long story short, truck comes in and it's a nightmare. Big azz plastic rivets on each side about (60 per side average) 3 inches apart, all basically off-set. One side has a door. He had equipment mounted inside and they used hulk bolts and covered all the heads on the outside with 1.5 plastic head covers. Not removable.
I re-calculate and come up with 3m Air Release to get over the rivets and of course, first thing out of his mouth is "That ain't what you quoted me"! My updated quote was $3500.00.
I was just wondering does anyone use a average square foot price to compensate for such things? I know never quote a job without seeing it first right?:omg:

401Graphics

I'm coming up with about $2688 (just for the left and right sides of the box)
Also with those rivets i would probably add a PITA fee!

ProWraps

$1995 here. those plastic things are carriage bolt covers.

they are no problem and shouldnt ad much time to your install.

rjssigns

I'd like to see a pic also. I installed lettering on a truck with bolt head covers and those dang things were about 2" diameter and stuck out 5/8" with straight sides. What a B###H! Got 'er did though.

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
$1995 here. those plastic things are carriage bolt covers.

they are no problem and shouldnt ad much time to your install.

Just FYI...I'm looking forward to the day you change your profile pic. I get the heebee jeebies every time I see that pic lol.
:p

Sign-Man Signs

Update: The customer let me remove the bolt covers and lay the graphic on both sides. Think I was right on the price. Thanks for the replays.
:U Rock: