Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wrap Pricing

Discussion in 'Vehicle Wraps' started by Sign-Man Signs, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Sign-Man Signs

Sign-Man Signs Member

Oct 5, 2010
    As usual I had customer call me today to wrap a new box truck, FRP sides, 16 foot long and 7 foot high each side. It's the usual "hey can you give a ball park cost on wrap a new truck for me" I won't hold you to it, I just need a price to get my insurance going. Being a "friend" I tell him about $2200.00 but that's "ball park".
    Long story short, truck comes in and it's a nightmare. Big azz plastic rivets on each side about (60 per side average) 3 inches apart, all basically off-set. One side has a door. He had equipment mounted inside and they used hulk bolts and covered all the heads on the outside with 1.5 plastic head covers. Not removable.
    I re-calculate and come up with 3m Air Release to get over the rivets and of course, first thing out of his mouth is "That ain't what you quoted me"! My updated quote was $3500.00.
    I was just wondering does anyone use a average square foot price to compensate for such things? I know never quote a job without seeing it first right?:omg:

Tags:
  2. 401Graphics

401Graphics Very Active Member

I'm coming up with about $2688 (just for the left and right sides of the box)
    Also with those rivets i would probably add a PITA fee!

3. ProWraps

ProWraps Very Active Member

Sep 30, 2009
    $1995 here. those plastic things are carriage bolt covers.

they are no problem and shouldnt ad much time to your install.

4. Coloradosigns

Coloradosigns Major Contributor

Sep 10, 2010
    Denver.
    Pic?

5. 4R Graphics

4R Graphics Active Member

Jan 28, 2008
    $2593+tax out the door with design.

Like pro said those carriage bolt covers are not that big of a deal.

6. rjssigns

rjssigns Major Contributor

Jun 4, 2007
    Home Office
    I'd like to see a pic also. I installed lettering on a truck with bolt head covers and those dang things were about 2" diameter and stuck out 5/8" with straight sides. What a B###H! Got 'er did though.

7. Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps Kentucky Wraps

Mar 6, 2009
    Bluegrass
    Just FYI...I'm looking forward to the day you change your profile pic. I get the heebee jeebies every time I see that pic lol.
    :p

8. ProWraps

ProWraps Very Active Member

Sep 30, 2009
    ah but its seeeeeexxxyyyy!

9. Sign-Man Signs

Sign-Man Signs Member

Oct 5, 2010
    Update: The customer let me remove the bolt covers and lay the graphic on both sides. Think I was right on the price. Thanks for the replays.
    :U Rock:

10. Scott Reynolds

Scott Reynolds Active Member

Feb 5, 2005
    I think she is cute, (except for the hairy lip)

11. Coloradosigns

Coloradosigns Major Contributor

Sep 10, 2010
    Denver.
    Sure, if AIDS is sexy.