• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wrap Question?

mharrison

I have attached a picture of a wrap idea that i would like to do on a vette. We have wrapped many vehicles, but do not know how they print that effect. I see that there are other wraps out there that has a flat base with what seems to be a gloss pattern in the background. Any ideas of how to do this would be appreciated.

Martin

Attachments

• Car Wrap 2.jpg
    Car Wrap 2.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 132
  • Car Wrap 1.jpg
    Car Wrap 1.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 323

mharrison

Not talking about the laminate but how the background image seems to be flat and the black base color seems to be gloss. Thanks for the input.

MachServTech

Looks to be a composite> Bottom gloss black vinyl > Middle > Grey contour cut > Top > gloss over-laminate.

Could also be a frosted.... really hard to tell from the photo.

Sounds like a mess o' work

Bigdawg

Just Me
We just did some race cars (won the St. Pete Grand Prix!!!) that use the matte vinyl with gloss and printed vinyl as the base. Not sure how you can gloss and matte with the same laminate (dont' think you can!)

housemusikid

Looks to be a composite> Bottom gloss black vinyl > Middle > Grey contour cut > Top > gloss over-laminate.

Could also be a frosted.... really hard to tell from the photo.

Sounds like a mess o' work

If that is the case, I hope you charge a crap ton for this!

MikePro

aye, that looks sweet.
are you positive that its all one layer? this wrap could also have been accomplished wtih cut matte grey/yellow applied on top of gloss black.... possibly even pre-applied to the black to be later wrapped as one-piece.