• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wrap Questions

CanDoASign4U

Got an unusual request in the shop today. A local ice cream vendor has ask me to take his well designed art and use it to wrap the freezer that he uses at festivals and other events for dispensing ice cream. Anyone had any experiences wrapping a freezer and know of any pitfalls I should look to avoid?
Any recommendations on wrap material?:notworthy:

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Don't know if these are the same as what you will be dealing with.
These are in store units and not portable.
We wrapped 60 of them, brand new still on the pallets.
Used intermediate vinyl and 210 Oracal lam.
We sealed all the edges of the panels with sealer pens to minimize the shrinkage & edge lifting.
No issues or comebacks.

wayne k
guam usa

Attachments

• BB1.jpg
    BB1.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 95

Stuckup

Make sure the freezer is OFF if it is not insulated well. If any part of the surface is cold and condensation is forming in any areas it will have difficulty gaining adhesion in those areas. Other wise heat the crap of the wet areas and slap it on fast if he wont turn it off, and say warranty is void. Get it in writing, or you probably shouldn't bother, although most submit when you ask them to sign a no warranty form.

xxaxx

No real pitfalls I can think of other than maybe leaving the freezer on, we wrapped a bunch of the smaller portable ones not too long ago and they are perfectly smooth and really easy to install.