Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wrap removal pricing

Discussion in 'Vehicle Wraps' started by pjfmeister, Feb 24, 2010.

1. pjfmeister

pjfmeister Member

Dec 10, 2006
    Missouri
    Can anybody provide some ideas on pricing and what to expect on a wrap removal on a small Shuttle Bus. Full coverage on the bus everything but the roof....
    Guess I am looking to guestamate on the # of hours to allow so I can price the removal part of the job....

Also what kind of pre-removal warnings/disclaimers do you give the customer (we didn't do the original wrap)...I don't know what to expect underneath.

thanks for the help

Tags:
  2. cptcorn

cptcorn adad

Jul 16, 2007
    Two Harbors
    Hourly labor rate, + cleaning materials.

No estimate on time, and not responsible for anything under it. Signed form.

3. jay*doc

jay*doc Member

Apr 30, 2009
    Try and determine if it's laminated or not, that will really help in the removal. If it's got a vinyl overlam on it, removal will typically come off in larger sheets, liquid lam or no lam will give you smaller pieces.

Also, the age and material of the wrap will be helpful, if it's a wrap film, typically you can remove those in up to 3 years with minimal adhesive transfer.

There are exceptions to every rule, but that should help. And go with cptcorns's advise, hourly rate and get a signed waiver. Who knows what that paint looks like underneath, and you don't want to pay to repaint a shuttle!

4. speedmedia

speedmedia Very Active Member

Aug 8, 2007
    +1 to this. I will sometimes give an estimate of time but it is always unknown due to not knowing what materials where used and how they where installed etc...

If it is something we did originally it is easier to figure.

Thanks,
    Kurt

5. pjfmeister

pjfmeister Member

Dec 10, 2006
    Missouri
    thanks for the input guys....!

6. Circleville Signs

Circleville Signs Very Active Member

Sep 30, 2009
    Circleville, OH
    Also - unless this is a SUPER customer - if the vehicle is being stripped at THEIR site, then get a retainer up front. If it is being stripped at your site - don't let it out the door until you're paid.