Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wrap shop floors?

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by JoeBoomer, Dec 27, 2012.

Tags:
  1. JoeBoomer

JoeBoomer Member

Oct 28, 2009
    I want to put floor graphics on my entire shop floor (about 20x30').

No heavy equip rolling over other than laminator and my desk chair :).

(I am going to wrap the room from floor to ceiling with graphics so we can show our capabilities to customers and I want to work in outer space or the jungle or similar setting)

1.) Any insight or possible problems with having all floor vinyl down.

2.) Best material? (Using IJ180c w/ Oracal 255AS and /or IJ162 w/ 3645 laminate right now, but open to other materials)

Last edited: Dec 27, 2012
    Tags:
  2. 401Graphics

401Graphics Very Active Member

i had a vinyl logo on a painted concrete floor. it pulled up not long after. and i had even seal coated over it.

3. TheLairdGuy

TheLairdGuy New Member

Nov 15, 2012
    Hey Joe,

I know MACtac makes a couple items that might work.

StreetRap is a product specially designed to adhere to unsealed concrete or asphalt surfaces. You can use Eco-Solvent, solvent, UV ink jet latex and screen printing. It's designed for a short term application however, so if you want this up for a long time, StreetRap might not be the best.

JT5999R is a product designed for long-term outdoor advertising for window & floor graphics. You can only use solvent ink-jet printing, but it's designed for a more long-term adhesion.

If you have a certain brand you like to use, I'm sure your supplier can suggest comparable alternatives if you just ask.

Best of luck with the project Joe!

4. JTBoh

JTBoh I sell signage and signage accessories.

Jun 15, 2011
    Clermont, FL
    if you go the space route...

hubblesite.org has incredibly high res shots of nebulae, etc. available for DL for free. Wrapped my PC in it.

5. boxerbay

boxerbay Active Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Darkside of the Moon
    if you want it to last use something like ij180 or dpf8000 then use a thick polycarbonate laminate that will hold up to the traffic. be sure to use UL LISTED anti slip laminate. if not you will have the worlds largest indoor hubble space scope jungle slip and slide.