Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wrap Template Scale Stupidity

Discussion in 'Vehicle Wraps' started by acothran, Apr 18, 2013.

1. acothran

acothran Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Bowling Green, KY
    I just created a AI food truck template for an ad agency. I told them that the template is 1/2 scale and they emailed me back asking if I could send new files that include the dimensions and key measurements. Are there really people that get paid to design that don't understand that on a 1/2 scale template, a 36" line is actually 72"?? I just don't get it.

Allen

Tags:
  2. OADesign

OADesign Active Member

Jan 27, 2006
    California
    You wouldn't believe what some designers and agency pro's 'don't' know.

3. heyskull

heyskull Very Active Member

Sep 2, 2007
    UK
    Only last month I had the local council wanting a full scale proof of a 20' sign for planning regulations!!
    It took me almost 20 minutes to convince the council official they wanted a scale drawing!!!
    What a numpty!!

SC

4. signage

signage Major Contributor

Oct 5, 2005
    Penn
    Keep requiring everyone to go to college to hold a position, and this is what you get.

5. ExecuPrintGS

ExecuPrintGS Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Hartland, WI
    on more occasions than id care to count I've had to have in depth discussions with "designers" having to explain what bleed is....
    Nothing surprises me any more