• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wrap Videos

dsmskyline

Justin is a great guy to deal with. I have talked to him several times in person and over the phone. Have e-mail contact probably once a month.

Very knowledgebale guy when it comes to car wraps.

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
I've got Justin Pate's Newer set of 3, his older DVD's released by Real Wraps, A vid from Mac Tac, Avery, R Tape, 3M, Oracal, Fellers, & one called Wrap Tutor (old). Most Vinyl Manufacturers will send you one free of charge. None go into as much depth as the Justin Pate ones in my opinion.
But to be honest...no matter how many you watch, you don't really become a professional wrapper until you get your hands on a LOT of different vehicles & curves, mess up a lot of vinyl, reprint & relaminate ( or worse, order re-prints) do shoddy work for customers, take many hours even days on the same vehicle and get frustrated beyond belief to the point that you decide you HATE wrapping and can't quit because you need the money. Then, one day, you realize you look forward to wrapping. You actually enjoy it and you aren't really intimidated by it. In fact...like many of my brothers and sisters in this industry, you can't even look at a car anymore...without planning out the wrap installation in your head...and even telling yourself..."man, I'd love to get my hands on that (year/make/model)" Before you know...you'll find yourself looking down on other noobz like yourself and even getting angry at the sight of their posts saying..."I just bought a printer and probably getting a laminator...how much should I charge for a van?" You know what...this is turning into a wrappers memoirs, I need to stop. Good Luck

MatthewTimothy

I've got Justin Pate's Newer set of 3, his older DVD's released by Real Wraps, A vid from Mac Tac, Avery, R Tape, 3M, Oracal, Fellers, & one called Wrap Tutor (old). Most Vinyl Manufacturers will send you one free of charge. None go into as much depth as the Justin Pate ones in my opinion.
But to be honest...no matter how many you watch, you don't really become a professional wrapper until you get your hands on a LOT of different vehicles & curves, mess up a lot of vinyl, reprint & relaminate ( or worse, order re-prints) do shoddy work for customers, take many hours even days on the same vehicle and get frustrated beyond belief to the point that you decide you HATE wrapping and can't quit because you need the money. Then, one day, you realize you look forward to wrapping. You actually enjoy it and you aren't really intimidated by it. In fact...like many of my brothers and sisters in this industry, you can't even look at a car anymore...without planning out the wrap installation in your head...and even telling yourself..."man, I'd love to get my hands on that (year/make/model)" Before you know...you'll find yourself looking down on other noobz like yourself and even getting angry at the sight of their posts saying..."I just bought a printer and probably getting a laminator...how much should I charge for a van?" You know what...this is turning into a wrappers memoirs, I need to stop. Good Luck

thanks for the tip :goodpost:

Haakon

I got these (justin pate) dvds in the mail yesterday, just got around to popping one in and have already learned a few good tips and tricks. I am very much in the learning phase of things, I have only fully wrapped halv a dozen cars, so have sooo much to learn yet. These dvds look to be a good step in the right direction.

Stuckup

Who is he lol. Who is Justin pate? Oh ok, It is awesome someone is willing to put their skills on video and share. Thing is, his videos will never show how good he is. Videos are planned, staged, maybe once in a while record real life. What he does, is no where near what He can do.

bendeane

You might try reaching out to Justin via e-mail. I don't know him personally, but I have taken his class and I remember him commenting that his wife is from somewhere in Europe. He may make periodic trips there and, who knows, maybe he'll teach a class if someone would set it up. Could be pricey thought, but being with the instructor is irreplaceable when it comes to hands on training. If I would've tackled this with just videos to learn and trial and error, I would've spent way more in labor and materials than the cost of a class.