• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wraping Honda element question

quicksigns

A customer of mine wants to wrap his element, but also wants me to wrap the plastic part too. I told him that it won't stay and there is no guarantee, but he still want it. should i primer and do it anyway a offer no guarantee for it? or its just a waste of time.

Circleville Signs

DO NOT USE PRIMER ON IT.

I would tell him that if he wants that done, he needs to sign off on something that says that there is no warranty on ANY PART of the wrap.

Gary

james2

the panels will fail.
we just skipped them.
but is they MUST have them done just explain that the vinyl
may come off and you can't be held responsible. You are just looking for problems down the road when they do come off.

cptcorn

adad
3M 3690

Not made for Piezo ink jet printers, but I've found it still works alright, and sticks to anything plastic-ish.

WB

The Primer will turn the plastic white.. don't use it. I'd try and explain to him that it won't work. really your wasting your time and his $$. With a good design you should beable to incorporate the dark plastic and still get the message across.. Show him several wraps that aren't done and see if it'll change his mine. Keep in mind that the newer models have those parts painted and can be wrapped, so if he says well I saw one that was wrapped you'll know why.

azcolor

NO PRIMER! NO PRIMER!
When speaking with this customer, be sure he understands that it not that you don't want to wrap the plastic, of course you do it is more $$$ for you. You are protecting his interests and don't want him unhappy down the road. Let him know that there may be others that will just wrap that without informing him but you are "on his side" and only want what is in his best interest. If he still insists, scribble a short disclaimer for him to sign and get the deal. Good luck