• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wrapped PVC

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I was going to post up some photos of my latest project but as I was trying to figure out the camera settings on my phone it started raining & the customer pulled up.
Did some drop tests with the pucks and found out gloss to gloss does not work when the humidity is over 100%. They stuck there like magnets on a refrigerator.
I had made them out of 1/4" plexi disks (another sign shop routed them for me) with a reverse print on clear - white gloss backer. Fixed the anti-skid by adding matt lam to the back.
The whole thing is wrapped PVC except for the dowels and kickstand.
3/4 x 6 white PVC siding from Home Depot. 9mm PVC for the back. I was going to do it in wood and clad it with thin wrapped PVC but the thought of all the joins, corners & wrapped edges gave me a headache. Instead, I used my massive arsenal of shaping tools that included a miter saw, plexi-cutter & Olfa knife to beat the PVC into the required shapes.
One issue I had with 9mm was that it did not hold the pegs very well. I cut a second sheet and used HH66 (the good stuff) to turn it into 18mm.
The customer was happy but it took me way too long. On the other hand, it is good to keep the elderly occupied with arts & crafts......

Attachments

• plinko.jpg
    plinko.jpg
    284.8 KB · Views: 223

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Looks great! I can relate to those projects that took way too long but made the customer happy in the end...have had a few of those lately myself.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Very nice. What ever happened to that acrylic light box you were working on for a contractor?
Was sidelined while they poured the slab for it to sit on. The funny part is it is sitting in the slab. The contractors sunk the base down level with the top of the concrete. Now the swing can't swing until they shorten the moon support poles. In the middle of doing this the contractor managed to break one of the faces so I am redoing both, I have an idea for a stronger lap joint. I should be reinstalling next week and will post up wheb it gets lit up.

ProSignTN

I was going to post up some photos of my latest project but as I was trying to figure out the camera settings on my phone it started raining & the customer pulled up.
Did some drop tests with the pucks and found out gloss to gloss does not work when the humidity is over 100%. They stuck there like magnets on a refrigerator.
I had made them out of 1/4" plexi disks (another sign shop routed them for me) with a reverse print on clear - white gloss backer. Fixed the anti-skid by adding matt lam to the back.
The whole thing is wrapped PVC except for the dowels and kickstand.
3/4 x 6 white PVC siding from Home Depot. 9mm PVC for the back. I was going to do it in wood and clad it with thin wrapped PVC but the thought of all the joins, corners & wrapped edges gave me a headache. Instead, I used my massive arsenal of shaping tools that included a miter saw, plexi-cutter & Olfa knife to beat the PVC into the required shapes.
One issue I had with 9mm was that it did not hold the pegs very well. I cut a second sheet and used HH66 (the good stuff) to turn it into 18mm.
The customer was happy but it took me way too long. On the other hand, it is good to keep the elderly occupied with arts & crafts......
Did a Roulette Wheel many moons ago. Used a ball bearing lazy Susan topped with PVC for the wheel, on PVC background. Experimented with several materials till I settled on a piece of old shoe leather for the flipper. It had that perfect tic,tic,tic...tic....tic.......tic when it stopped spinning. Yeah, before printers I was creative.

Attachments

• 00000099.jpg
    00000099.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 97