• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wrapping a Box

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
This afternoon I have to wrap a 20"x30"x2" box. About the size and shape of a cake box. I'll be wrapping the top and all 4 sides with a print with a continuous barn-wood background.

I've considered trimming off all 4 sides, applying then, and then applying the top. There's plenty of excess print for overlap.

I've considered just trimming off the upper and lower sides, applying them, and the applying the right, top, and left sides as one piece.

I've considered trying to wrestle with all four sides and the top at one time.

The thing I'm having a problem visualizing is dealing with the corners. That would be the four corners of the top, the pointy ones.

If anyone would like to share their experiences doing something like this and perhaps dispense some sage advice, I'm all ears.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Sorry, but the closest thing I do to that is wrap Christmas presents and my wife tells me I stink at that.

I'd probably wrap the four small sides, then carefully lay top and bottom to match up as closely as possible.

OR...... you could always do the top and bottom like top grain, do the ends with end grain and just make it look like a plank....... :rolleyes:

Auburnpeanut

I had to wrap a box for someone once and I separated the glue and unfolded it. Put it down flat through the laminator and then re-folded and glued. Turned out nice. My design didn't matter which way it lined up. Does yours matter?