• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wrapping a Lancer Aspire

GM1990

Thought it might be fun to grab every ones view on this so let me start.

If you are going to wrap a lancer Aspire - 2009 model.

What Colour would you go with?

What Material would you prefer?

Why?

I'd go with

Colour - Orange

Material - Oracal 970RA

Why? - Just think orange with dark windows would be cool and in terms of material Oracal have had great reviews haha

Attachments

• lancer-front-2.thumbnail.jpg
    lancer-front-2.thumbnail.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 94
  • lancer-side.jpg
    lancer-side.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 81

MikePro

orange like this?

throw in sum carbon fiber for the hood,top,tail

Attachments

• acura-cars.jpg
    acura-cars.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 73
Last edited by a moderator:

Msrae

Rae
Orange could definitely be nice. Have you ever worked with the 970RA? I LOVE it. Just did a roof wrap on a 2006 Sentra. It turned out nice and the material is a breeze to work with, extremely forgiving.

GM1990

Na havent used Oracal - Can't really find a supplier in Australia who sells it. It's mainly Avery and 3M. Recommend any good stores online?

Msrae

Rae
Yep, I got mine from UScutter.com. Not sure if they ship there, but I think they do. I'm almost certain I was an international tab on their site. They had the best deal as well (between 3 different online sites and my local dealer).

Msrae

Rae
see attached

Uh oh, crossed a barrier? Is UScutter a no no?

Sorry, but when my local supplier quotes me $300 more for the exact same material shipped from the exact same place I go in seach of better. When someone else can get me a decent price with decent shipping, I go with them :thumb:. In fact, i was pretty upset with my local supplier for trying to get that kind of price from me when I have been a loyal customer of theirs for a few years now.

GM1990

haha megacab. Assuming you've ordered from UScutter.com before? and had an overall bad experience. Any suggestions on stores/colours/stock?

megacab

to answer the OP's original question, yes, i would do the orange if you want something that is really gonna stand out. i also like matte white. i recently did a lexus is300 and used hexis orange. the material was pretty easy to work with and very, very reasonably priced. here is another thread where i posted pics of it.

http://signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83832

GM1990

yeah megacab that is very nice.. Well done. Might look into the HEXIS. Know a supplier in Aus or that ships to AUS with out that dodgy "third party international shipping stuff"..Cheers

Bly

yeah megacab that is very nice.. Well done. Might look into the HEXIS. Know a supplier in Aus or that ships to AUS with out that dodgy "third party international shipping stuff"..Cheers

AD Universal are in Sydney.

Msrae

Rae
to answer the OP's original question, yes, i would do the orange if you want something that is really gonna stand out. i also like matte white. i recently did a lexus is300 and used hexis orange. the material was pretty easy to work with and very, very reasonably priced. here is another thread where i posted pics of it.

http://signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83832

Did you ever try the avery? You mentioned that you were waiting on a sample from them. Just curious how that turned out.

megacab

Did you ever try the avery? You mentioned that you were waiting on a sample from them. Just curious how that turned out.

they sent me a 5 yard roll of metallic silver. i have only tried small pieces on laptops and such. wrapping small items doesn't really lend itself to the benefits they claim of this stuff, but it seems to go down super easy. i have a dodge nitro to do here in the next couple weeks. she has her heart set on the new Hexis Matte teal/blue but hoping to talk her into one of the Avery colors to give it a full test.

GM1990

hey hey..back again.

not sure if this is the right spot. Any one know a supplier where i can get 3m 180c with controltac/comply or Avery EZ supreme Wrapping film. Going ahead with this car wrap.. along with Xpel smoke headlight film.

MY supplier is a bit pricey haha. trying to find a place online (i'm in australia)

S'N'S

hey hey..back again.

not sure if this is the right spot. Any one know a supplier where i can get 3m 180c with controltac/comply or Avery EZ supreme Wrapping film. Going ahead with this car wrap.. along with Xpel smoke headlight film.

MY supplier is a bit pricey haha. trying to find a place online (i'm in australia)

Who's your supplier?
I'm in Vic and all my Avery comes from Conect Enterprises. http://www.conect.net.au/
Their price list shows 1370x25m $35.96 P/M for the roll.