• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wrapping a Polaris Ranger Crew hood and fenders...

FSDesigner

Hi all!
I've been tasked with designing and wrapping the hood and fenders of a Polaris Ranger Crew ATV. They want an american flag starting at the bumper and waving back toward the windshield... it's painted plastic and I have the actual pieces here in the shop. I can take measurements all day and take pictures, etc... but #1 I'm not too proficient in designing wraps without a template and #2 I don't have a template! What do you professional designer/wrappers do when you don't have a template? I've tried taking pictures of the different pieces and putting them together like a puzzle (see pic) and sizing it to what I measure but I feel like it's not going to fit right... any tips? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_0877.jpg
    IMG_0877.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 202

54warrior

Get some low tack transfer paper. Lay it on there, trace your panels with a sharpie. Put those pieces on a sheet of white paper, take to staples, have them scan to pdf in full scale. Re-trace your panels in whatever design program you are using.

That's how I make templates.

Some might suggest hanging your tracings on the wall and taking a photo from far back (to minimize distortion), and re-scaling your photo and tracing on PC that way. I haven't had good luck doing that method, they aren't accurate enough.