• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

wrapping a pt cruiser

ironchef

Hello to all. What do you guys recommend for a pt cruiser... ij180cv3? Avery or oracals wrap kits? What are the main differences between them? What are your preferences, forget about price. I want to know about working with it. Thanks. Oh and what about the others like hexis,arlon,mactac?

ironchef

I know. Im reading all the past ones. Its hard on my xoom. And its time to actually buy. Sorry. Y'all can delete this. Im leaning towards the avery. I hear its easy to install.

OlsonSigns601

My Opinion:
If you have to ask the difference between the types of wrap material, you shouldn't be wrapping a PT Cruiser unless you hire someone to install it for you.

ironchef

Its a family members. Plus i gotta start somewhere right? Im new to the print world yes. And a virgin to wrapping. You guys are welcome to speak freely tho. I don't mind... ive taken a beginners class for wrapping and im going to sign up for another one. I just need to get my hands dirty

ironchef

Oh and i pretty much know the difference. On paper. Ive talked to all the reps. And i got the pricing. I would like to know, if possible, what your installers prefer?. Which one is easier to work with. Im using a mimaki cjv30 to print with oem ss21 inks.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
A V E R Y is probably the easiest to install. However, due to their history, I would never use it, nor recommend it to anyone other than some creep I want to fail miserably.

mgcustomgraphics

Hey ironchef, ignore all these ppl judging and treating you like they started knowing everything, if you are new to business you better get use to that, for youre question ill say try avery if its youre first time since its easier to apply, once you get the hang of It try to stick to 3m, since ur only practicing avery is fine , good luck.
For all negative ppl this is a place to share ideas and positive opinions, not to troll and judge, for that theres maury or jerry springer.

ironchef

Lol thanks guys. Its all good. Im a chef and it ain't easy in a kitchen either. Yea ill try avery. I heard that too about 3m. What is the main difference in installing? Avery goes on like butter. Nice. What about 3m. Is it higher tack then the rest? And i asked about the cruiser being curvy. So far ive only bought calendered rolls of oracal hexis and trustock...my fav is hexis so far. And i got 3m short rolls. Haven't tried it out yet. I got scotchprint ijv80cv3 5ydsx54in and ij180cv3 5yds. I got some 180ij10c with controltac and oracal 3751ra.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Hey ironchef, ignore all these ppl judging and treating you like they started knowing everything, if you are new to business you better get use to that, for youre question ill say try avery if its youre first time since its easier to apply, once you get the hang of It try to stick to 3m, since ur only practicing avery is fine , good luck.
For all negative ppl this is a place to share ideas and positive opinions, not to troll and judge, for that theres maury or jerry springer.

:help... there's only three answering posts... and all are good. What are you talking about ?? :help

ironchef

I meant thanks gino. Thanks mg. Lol. I simply meant i dont get phased that easily... btw. Mg your website rocks!

J

john1

What are you joining the haters club as John1 would put it:help:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Oh gosh, This guy again? He is like cancer that comes and goes.

I am blushing though, He couldn't go too long without mentioning me in a post :)

HulkSmash

Who is judging? I already answered this exact same question 3 times in 3 different thread to this exact guy, and I thought i was being pretty helpful.

This is me judging.
all of the images on your website aren't your work, they belong to someone else.

ironchef

Colorado...what you got against me? Lol i tried looking at previous post...i don't remember asking this question. If so please. Show me the link.

ironchef

I found one post. That i didnt even start. All i asked was why avery. So because i make a post i can never talk about it again.. now that's HILARIOUS!

HulkSmash

Colorado...what you got against me? Lol i tried looking at previous post...i don't remember asking this question. If so please. Show me the link.

nothing dude! i was talking about the other guy not you. Whatever you need help with just let me know....

my experience with Avery is that it is easy to install..that also means it has less tac. Also with my experience avery has more contaminated rolls....