• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wrapping a sprint car fuel cell??

Rev Designs

I was wondering if anyone has experience wrapping a sprint car fuel cell and where to start? I did one prior and used two panels for each side and met them at the top and overlapped them there. This looked good but it would look better if it was all in one. Now my question is would you start the wrap to minimize the amount of headaches fighting the contour?

What would you do?

Thanks,

Matt

Attachments

• IMAG0005.jpg
    IMAG0005.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 110

Nuagedesigns

Its all in the preparation and design. Since racers don't normally have cash to waste we tell them there will be a seam in the center. Make it easy on yourself for the install and hammer at it. If you need to, just design in a nice 1inch stripe of somesort to cover the seem if you see fit. The bottom cant be seen so we just primer the edges and trim then put a black bottom on it.

Good luck and post some pics.

WrapperX

Yeah - I wouldn't want to force the issue trying to do this in one piece. Good luck - But I'd suggest doing it the way you know how.

ucmj22

When we did it, we started at the spine and then went down each side, pulling all of the wrinkles underneath, then trimmed and sealed at the bottom. there are usually numbers on the tank wich we applied as decals over the graphic because of all of the stretching. we used 3M IJ380 w/ 8580 over lam, and it went smoother than I thought.

Mosh

PITA!!!! we do two peices, if they don't like it, then I just got rid
of another time wasting racer!

Rev Designs

ucmj22 - Your way does work fine if you are wrapping with a base design that has a generic pattern that does not have to follow lines or match other portions of the car. We print the numbers and everything within the wrap and then wrap using two sections. Everyone has been very pleased with our work so far so I don't see any reason to really do it as one piece now.

As for a video, i'm doing another full sprint car here soon and i'll try to take some step by step pictures and share them.