Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wrapping a Sprinter van

Discussion in 'Vehicle Wraps' started by Pideas, Sep 10, 2020.

1. Pideas

Pideas Member

Sep 7, 2015
    Alexandria, Virginia
    I print wide format but I'm not very familiar with vehicle wrapping. I have a customer who bought an older model Sprinter van. The van is white and have some white vinyl logo decal on it (from previous company). Would it be more economical to wrap the entire van in either white or black or would it just be cheaper to repaint the entire van?

If wrapping, what material is best for this purpose? There would be no printing on the wrap material. It would just be a solid white or black. I would get a professional installer to apply the wrap.

Thanks.

Tags:
  2. CanuckSigns

CanuckSigns Very Active Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Ontario
    I they are looking for the cheapest way to get it back to plain white, a cheap paint job will be less than a properly done wrap.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Jester1167

Jester1167 Premium Subscriber

I'm guessing that it has a ghost from where the previous logos were. Instead of painting, they can try polishing and buffing the vehicle. A lot of times the ghost is from the graphics protecting the clear coat so it is glossy and the rest of the paint is a satin finish. Have them ask a detailer or body shop.

• Agree Agree x 1