• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wrapping a Vehicle with Transfer Tape...Need Suggestions!

Tek Wrap

I have wrapped only one vehicle in the last few years that had cut graphics that required transfer tape. Obviously, transfer tape does not conform well to the curves and channels on vehicle. So the install was very challenging! When I got to a curve or channel, I had to tear back the premask and work the vinyl into the recessed areas, then continue on. HEADACHE!

I have a graphic a customer wants that will require a lot of intricate cutting (see photo attached). Therefore it will need transfer tape. Does anyone have a tip for helping with install??? Or is it just normal to have to struggle through it?

attachment.php

Attachments

• 1_the_country_press_vehicle_wrap_ford_raptor_med.jpg
    1_the_country_press_vehicle_wrap_ford_raptor_med.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 108
Am I correct in that the image that the OP posted would be fabricated from non-printed, (traditional cut only) vinyl? If so, why?

phototec

Am I correct in that the image that the OP posted would be fabricated from non-printed, (traditional cut only) vinyl? If so, why?

He was not clear about what media he is using for the graphics, however reading hos post ands looking at the photo he attached, it looks like he used CUT VINYL?

Maybe he will provide some insight regarding this matter....

mgieske

Assuming this is a print/cut scenario, I suggest to mask only the prespaced cut areas and edges of the large panels.