• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wrapping an Armadillo...

jfiscus

Rap Master
We had a customer call up and ask if we could wrap an armadillo for them... a Ford Armadillo that is.

For the vehicle: It's the new competition for the Sprinter. It's a lot cheaper initially and parts are cheaper to buy also (Ford vs Mercedes), so expect to run across a few in the future as people cut costs on new purchases. It was nice to see something new, but it's not as polished as the sprinter is yet.

For the wrap: To me it was just as hard (tall/large) as a sprinter, except no window recesses! :rock-n-roll: The body lines are deep, but I wrapped into them as they are horizontal only.

Took a lot of material and time, but the end product was nice. Got a little tricky around the doors, but overall not too bad.
Took the photos myself with my Canon Powershot SX20IS and stitched them into a panorama.

Attachments

• kings1.jpg
    kings1.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 103
  • kings2.jpg
    kings2.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 82
  • kings3.jpg
    kings3.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 52
  • kings4.jpg
    kings4.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 74
  • kings5.jpg
    kings5.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 66

SignManiac

The wrap portion looks okay from what I can see. But that distortion effect used on KINGS would drive my eyes nuts. The stroke thickness of the S doesn't match the rest of the letters and the bottom of the G is chopped off by the ford logo? Is that what they gave you to work with?

jfiscus

Rap Master
The wrap portion looks okay from what I can see. But that distortion effect used on KINGS would drive my eyes nuts. The stroke thickness of the S doesn't match the rest of the letters and the bottom of the G is chopped off by the ford logo? Is that what they gave you to work with?

Hideous though it is; it's their logo: http://www.kingsfordinc.com/
Yes, I cringed the moment I first saw it, but they use it on everything "as-is".

SignManiac

Wow, that logo is glaringly messed up. I wonder how much they paid the person to design it?

Well back on track. Good job on the wrap.

B Snyder

FWIW, the Armadillo isn't a Ford thing. It's an aftermarket product that can be installed on a Chevy or Ford van chassis.

Craig Sjoquist

The KING'S part is bad and can look alot better with proper distort to fit arc oh well .

The .com line should be up higher..not in splash area

Other then that looks great like how you put it together with picture of building etc super