• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wrapping Fender flares

WB

I have a customer that has a set of Pocket Fender flares on his truck. You know the kind that stick 4-5" and they have a rubber gasket between the flare and the truck and each screw that holds the flares on is a 2" deep hole.

I tried to explain to him it wasn't a good idea to wrap these and to have his designer leave the flare out of the design. I just caught a glimpse of the design and of course the flares are complete wrapped..

What would you do?

WB

The owner actually decided to take them off.. HA! I guess they were a clamp on style? and weren,t screwed in.. makes me feel alot better.. I think he's going to be wat happier this way..

slappy

we sale a lot of those....a few clips and factory screws hold them on.

might wanna look at the tires. If they stick out past the wheel well, that it why they put the flares on normally cause it protects the paint from the tire, so they also would protect the wrap also from being chewed up from rocks if they do stick out far.
In PA, vehicles won't past inspection and i've known people that have gotten pulled over cause the tires stick out to far past the body of the vehicle.

you could suggest to have them painted to go with the wrap. And FYI, if it's the "pocket style" like my photo, all those screws come off the flare.