• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

wrapping glass targa top

petepaz

anyone ever wrap a removable glass targa top. no issues here with the labor just curious on how long it lasted and what material you used?
did a little research had an avery tech guy tell me that the vinyl causes excessive heat build up on the glass and could cause issues. saw some posts from corvette guys and
had issues with the material bubbling up but they did the job them selves so don't know if they cleaned properly or if they used crappy material.

Attachments

• vette.jpg
    vette.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 110

Ryan T

I have done several with the 1080c with no problems. We are in Florida, because of the direct sunlight I tell the customer to plan on doing the roof every 2-3 year max. I would not be concerned with exploding. You would literally have to get the glass super hot and hit it with freezing cold air, like taking a dish out of the oven then opening the freezer right beside the dish.