• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wrapping MDF Counter

Vinh1219

Had a customer who wanted their counter wrapped. The counter is made of MDF Board. What material do you guys recommend and is it possible ?

MikePro

yup! it just needs to be sealed, somehow. wrapping raw MDF is like wrapping cardboard... just a little bit of moisture or friction and the vinyl will release with particles of MDF embedded in the adhesive.

Pat Whatley

What he said. If you try to wrap raw MDF it will fool you. The vinyl will go down beautifully and feel like it's stuck hard....hours later you start to see the big bubble form where it's letting go and before long the whole thing just falls off.

Richard G

A couple years ago, Actually 10 years ago on the counter top. we wrapped our kitchen. My wife was about to kill me for I had removed all the cabinet doors and didn't fix them but threw them out so I make new mdf doors with European hinges the face was cover with a wood grain and the back is covered in white to seal it. I didn't paint it and have had no issues. All the vinyl is Oracal 3951 with matching lam. counter top is doing fine still except where I hit it with my belt buckle at the front of the sink.

Kitchen.jpg

Kitchen-1.jpg