• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

wrapping over a wrap... any specific concerns I should be aware of?

royster13

Sometimes a true "professional" just has to turn jobs away.....Because it is what the client wants is not an excuse for doing something that is not up to your standards.....

TheSnowman

Ya do what ya gotta do. Doug knew the RIGHT way to do it, but due to our customers coming in and wanting last minute jobs that they didn't prepare for, you sometimes have to play the cards you are delt. If the customer is happy, you got paid well, and got the job done...I'd say you did good. It's not a hidious design like lots of people would have done either, so good work Doug.

Bigdawg

Just Me
I hope it works for you...

but wonder when we'll see the "some fool wrapped over this wrap" thread when it fails and the customer decided you should have known better and takes it elsewhere.

Personally I would have declined the job - good money or not - the potential for it to fail and that failure to be associated with my company name is just too great. Doesn't matter that the customer said "just do it" - it's still your name you put on the line when we do something like this that just shouldn't be done to begin with.

But that's just my 2 cents...

iSign

to those of you that just don't understand...

well, ya had to be there...

I spoke, in person, to two of the MOST experienced, and most respected WRAP professionals on this site (not sign guys who wrap) ...there is so much more to a decision like this then sitting behind the keyboard & tossing out 30 seconds of uninformed high road philosophy...

...sure, it's easy to always have the high road answer when there is nothing at stake, and the board gets to think we are always crystal clear on the risk/benefit ratio, and we always make the tough choices... and we always choose safe, sound & borderline paranoid principals... but business requires calculated risks at times.. I don't take them without doing the calculations... but I damn sure take them...

I've wrapped over wraps before too, and I've seen my wrap driving around for years already...

Even though I've done it before with absolute success, I did want opinions on this one, & I got them, and at the end of the day, the decision was made from my professional knowledge, based on actual on-site, hands on evaluation of this situation... not because the client wanted it! (although he did)