• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

wrapping over tremclad rust paint

Jb1983

Customer dropped off there vehicle with a surprise of having spray painted a few areas with Tremclad Gloss black rust paint. Its "oil based technology" but on the technical info online I looked up it doesn't seem to contain any silicone. anyone put vinyl over this before? ive already put a sample test piece on a section of it and it seems to stick ok but who knows in a month. they also just sprayed these areas yesterday..... uggh

theres only a few small spots they did but still wish they just left it, I can sand it off if I want.

Modern Ink Signs

Premium Subscriber
Did you discuss this with your customer?

I would make sure to tell the customer that that is NOT covered in any way by you if it were to fail. It will definitely NOT be covered by the vinyl manufacturer

CYA!!!

LarryB

I always tell customers if there is aftermarket paint on the vehicle the wrap is not covered under warranty.

Also make sure they know you are not responsible when the wrap is removed there is a chance the paint will come up. I would get a grease marker and circle the problem area before wrapping. Once removed you have an out if they raise any questions.