Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wrapping over tremclad rust paint

Discussion in 'Vehicle Wraps' started by Jb1983, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Jb1983

Jb1983 Member

Aug 4, 2018
    Vancouver island
    Customer dropped off there vehicle with a surprise of having spray painted a few areas with Tremclad Gloss black rust paint. Its "oil based technology" but on the technical info online I looked up it doesn't seem to contain any silicone. anyone put vinyl over this before? ive already put a sample test piece on a section of it and it seems to stick ok but who knows in a month. they also just sprayed these areas yesterday..... uggh

theres only a few small spots they did but still wish they just left it, I can sand it off if I want.

Tags:
  2. Modern Ink Signs

Modern Ink Signs Premium Subscriber

Jun 27, 2008
    Waukesha, WI
    Did you discuss this with your customer?

I would make sure to tell the customer that that is NOT covered in any way by you if it were to fail. It will definitely NOT be covered by the vinyl manufacturer

CYA!!!

3. LarryB

LarryB Member

Dec 3, 2006
    Webster, Texas
    I always tell customers if there is aftermarket paint on the vehicle the wrap is not covered under warranty.

Also make sure they know you are not responsible when the wrap is removed there is a chance the paint will come up. I would get a grease marker and circle the problem area before wrapping. Once removed you have an out if they raise any questions.