• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

wrapping sprinter sides?

ProWraps

do whats best for your shop and your "warranty". we have only wrapped several hundred sprinters in our short life as a company (30 of them last month alone) so we are still trying to figure it out ourselves.

HulkSmash

Bridging and heating a sprinter panel with ij380 is actually one of the hands on tests if you go to get 3M certified. If you cut and drop it, it's an immediate fail. They do tell you that cutting and dropping is an acceptable method for certain installations, but Sprinter channels is not one of them. I know to some what the manufacturers say is garbage, but they are the ones that make the products and warranty it.

if you actually wrap in 380 then i guess you can have fun doing it.

zymogenesyst

well enjoy their literature. Bridging and heating is not the way to do it. So much so that they're in the process of changing it.

Who is in the process of changing what? 3M going away from stretching? Is that why they just came out with another super-comformable material that can stretch 150%? (480cv3)

All you guys need to get off the hate train. You don't like 3M. I get it. But don't run around saying the product is junk when in fact you just don't know how to use it. If whatever material you guys prefer to use can't handle a window channel, how the hell are you doing bumpers with it? (which has already been asked to you earlier in this thread coloradosigns)

Why don't you go back and answer all the questions you've ignored so far?

Then again "oh have fun with that" sounds really intelligent too.

DSC

I did one of these, twice.. :( The second time we used a 3m adhesion promoter in the channels prior, then just took our time with a heat gun and some tunes .. Worked great.. still looks great 9 months in..

Ive used 380 and primer 94 and had it work with just a little stretching of the image....but cutting and dropping it in will always work and like they said earlier just give the client true expectations and they should be good with it.