• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

"Wrapping" Tees?

thewrightjenn

I'm about to try my hand at doing all over dye sub on t-shirts. My boss and I are having a bit of a debate.

It makes more sense to me to press the front and back of the shirt separately. He says we wrap the design around the shirt. Sounds like a pain in the A**! Do any of you do all over dye by "wrapping" the shirt instead of pressing each side separately? If so, how long do you need to increase the press time?

Also we are debating what to put inside the tees. He says plain craft paper, I'm thinking we need something much sturdier, like a thick teflon. Maybe make t-shirt forms out of the teflon?

If any of you have any tips or hints on all over dye, please share! Thanks guys...loving this site by the way!

:U Rock:

tcorn1965

I'm about to try my hand at doing all over dye sub on t-shirts. My boss and I are having a bit of a debate.

It makes more sense to me to press the front and back of the shirt separately. He says we wrap the design around the shirt. Sounds like a pain in the A**! Do any of you do all over dye by "wrapping" the shirt instead of pressing each side separately? If so, how long do you need to increase the press time?

Also we are debating what to put inside the tees. He says plain craft paper, I'm thinking we need something much sturdier, like a thick teflon. Maybe make t-shirt forms out of the teflon?

If any of you have any tips or hints on all over dye, please share! Thanks guys...loving this site by the way!

:U Rock:

We actually have made t-shirt templates out of a very thin like card board, we put the shirt over that, then we put the back and front designs around and press at the same time. You need a good tacky paper to do them both at once, if it is not good tacky you will have to press separately or get a lot of doubling. Here is an example of some of ours.

http://www.victorystore.com/burnout-tee/index.php

Terry

thewrightjenn

How long are you pressing for when you do both sides at the same time? I usually do my dye sub at 35 seconds each side. I've been told that's not long enough but, that's how I get the best results (as far as getting press lines, imprints from the paper, etc).

We didn't buy tacky paper, I watched some youtube videos, and some of the people were using some sort of spray? Are you familiar?

Do you have issues with your teflon holding dye? I have been using craft paper to cover my teflon pads because of this problem.

tcorn1965

How long are you pressing for when you do both sides at the same time? I usually do my dye sub at 35 seconds each side. I've been told that's not long enough but, that's how I get the best results (as far as getting press lines, imprints from the paper, etc).

We didn't buy tacky paper, I watched some youtube videos, and some of the people were using some sort of spray? Are you familiar?

Do you have issues with your teflon holding dye? I have been using craft paper to cover my teflon pads because of this problem.

What kind of heat press are you using? We use this, nothing to hold dye but shirt. I will have to check but I believe it is 45 sec
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QX_jEyhFnJY

I highly recommend tacky paper over spray, you will not get the same consistency all the time with the spray