• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wrapping truck utility box

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
They probably quoted higher on the Jaguar because they figure a Jaguar owner is more likely to come back demanding things be fixed....so they have to break their routine to do things better.
We do that all of the time. We can do price or we can do quality.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
I passed on this one, my gut was telling me DON'T DO IT. The box is fiberglass and the customer said he was advised not to paint it because the paint may crack. I suggested installing some large spot graphics instead of a full wrap, so it may come back to me yet.
Sounds like an idiot. Fiberglass is painted all of the time. It's probably more stable than most metals as far as expansion/contraction goes.

gnubler

You should not be afraid of a good challenge.
I've taken on plenty of challenges, but doing a commercial wrap without experience seems like a bad idea. The customer sounded like he was in a hurry for this and I'm currently slammed with work. There's no one within 60 miles of me doing full wraps so it is something I want to get into, provided I can find a qualified helper for the bigger jobs.

I've been practicing partial wraps on my personal vehicles and I definitely haven't mastered the skill yet.