Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question Wrapping unpainted plastic fender flares - How to. Will the vinyl adhere properly?

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Msrae, Aug 28, 2020.

1. Msrae

Msrae Rae

Mar 6, 2011
    Utah
    Hello all,

I have a client that wants to have their fender flares wrapped. They are new and unpainted plastic. I know I have had an issue wrapping a new unpainted bumper years ago so I am hesitant to wrap these. I did a search on here but didn't seem to come up with anything.

Have any of you dealt with unpainted plastic vehicle parts and if so, what vinyl and/or techniques did you use to ensure proper adhesion?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Rae

Tags:
  2. Reveal1

Reveal1 Active Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Cape Girardeau, MO
    Depends on plastic. Clean w/ alcohol, use vinyl for low energy plastics like Avery 2126

3. Jester1167

Jester1167 Premium Subscriber

Usually try and avoid it, but if you have to, clean it well, then flame treat it with your torch (Corona treating), clean it again, primer the edges, and post heat it when your done. No warrantees given.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1