• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wrapping w/ Arlon DPF 4600LX Vinyl Film

Mattie_BR

Hello everyone,

Customer looking for vehicle wrapping is price sensitive and needs the application for approximately 1 1/2 year. I am considering to use Arlon DPF 4600LX Vinyl Film, as I understand it is an economical wrapping option. Car is a small SUV with some curves.

Has anyone used this media? Any reviews or suggestions? Will it create installation problems? Which lamination would work better?

Thanks!

ddarlak

Go Bills!
No such thing as an economy wrap, unless they want a partial wrap, walk away.

Customer shouldn't dictate the price, quote them a wrap price and a partial wrap, then they can decide how much to spend.

Your going to get burned if you try and use cheap material just because the customer doesn't want to pay.

Do it right or don't do it.

rjssigns

Customer shouldn't dictate the price, quote them a wrap price and a partial wrap, then they can decide how much to spend.

Your going to get burned if you try and use cheap material just because the customer doesn't want to pay.

THIS^^^^^

IMO there is no such thing as saving money using a cheaper vinyl. In the scheme of things the price difference per square foot between cast and calendared is minimal.

Using a calendared material will take more time as the material is harder to install.

Design, layout, client meetings, output, finishing, installation etc...those costs should be a bigger concern to your client.

reQ

NEVER EVER EVER! E V E R! Try to save on material, when customer asks you to, specially for vehicle wraps. That customer will be right on your doorstep to complain about wrap failing or some other crap. Plus, as was mentioned above - don't create installation nightmare for yourself.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
I'll also add that (not sure on how well Arlon removes) going cheap on the front end also does not pay off on the back end when it comes time to remove the wrap. We do care about our customers and more often than not they call on us when it time to remove a wrap. The cheapest stuff might end up being a total nightmare to remove leaving all the adhesive, etc later on when that time comes. I feel pretty bad telling a customer who had some other place wrap their vehicle with automark or some other crap (because price was the only thing that mattered to them) that the removal is going to cost them more than the entire wrap and install to begin with.....

I know when we wrap a customers vehicle with cast 3M, Oracal, or Avery that when the time comes to remove it we will be able to do so with minimal fuss and adhesive residue to clean up.

phototec

:goodpost:

If price is a issue, send them to Wal-Mart and tell them to buy rattle cans and do it themselves, that we they can save a lot of $. :ROFLMAO:

The design, approval process, printing time, ink cost, lamination, planning, installation are all the same on good vinyl or crap vinyl so the difference in vinyl will be offset by a harder (more time) trying to install the cheaper vinyl, so actually there is NO savings at all! Only more work for you. :banghead:

Christian @ 2CT Media

All that being said, Arlon 4600LX is really easy to install as it doesn't have the aggressive adhesive like the xrp line. We have wrapped chevy/GMC express/savanna vans easily with it, just dont tent the window channels or fender channels.

I do concur that "economy" wrap jobs are colossal headaches for you as the provider. Just because they get it cheap doesnt mean that they dont think it needs to be perfect and Paint like! Those "economy" wrap customers are the worst you'll ever have as they will be the biggest thorn in your side.