• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Wrapping with 3m

D2S

So far I have used 40c with matching lam for flat and convex wrapping. I am going to practice on my transit van would anyone suggest a different material by 3m for this application?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Dallas225

So far I have used 40c with matching lam for flat and convex wrapping. I am going to practice on my transit van would anyone suggest a different material by 3m for this application?

I would def be using 180cv3 or 180mc for any convex wrapping.. match with an 8518 or 8519 lam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CSOCSO

I don't hate paint, I just overlay it.
if you want to stay with 3M go with the 180cv3.
180mc has Micro Channel air channel and traps air that does not go away no matter how you try to push it out.
You can also destroy the air channel by letting the vinyl touch itself or if you pool the vinyl back. Then it will leave visible marks and bubbles are harder to get rid off.
If you use solvent machine you need to make sure you let the material gas out before you laminate it. I had a print that was heavy on ink and the vinyl was still supper tacky after 48 hrs of outgassing. You need to make sure you use the correct profile also!

Anyway. I use avery instead. Lol. so much easier to install.

AKwrapguy

3MIJ180-CV3 with 8518 (gloss) lam.