Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wrapping

Discussion in 'Vehicle Wraps' started by Chief Chiquita, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Chief Chiquita

Chief Chiquita New Member

Jul 26, 2010
    Does anyone out there have a good idea for wrapping the air vent up by the wipers/windshield on an H3? Our client wants everything on their yellow hummer to magically turn dark purple. I'm struggling with this one, LOL!

2. Scott Reynolds

Scott Reynolds Active Member

Feb 5, 2005
    Pictures?

3. ProWraps

ProWraps Very Active Member

Sep 30, 2009
    spray paint?

4. Mike Paul

Mike Paul Major Contributor

Dec 30, 2003
    NJ
    Krylon is your friend...

5. Scott Reynolds

Feb 5, 2005
    Plastic dip? (at least you can remove it)

6. Scott Reynolds

Feb 5, 2005
    He is in Maine, not M****o.

(i edited so Fred didnt have to)

7. 4R Graphics

4R Graphics Active Member

Jan 28, 2008
    no real easy way to do it. Best thing is to use inlays and trim the best you can.

I know the plasti dip will work you could try painting it with plasti dip then spray paint purple over the plasti dip not sure how long it will last. Please use automotive spray paint there is a difference.

8. MR. Graphics

MR. Graphics Member

May 10, 2011
    Takes a while, just hope it was designed in a solid color. Heat and pressed for about an hour, slightly burnt fingers and a lot of trimming for all those slits. I recommend painting if possible, if not, wish you a lot of patience.

9. Premier Wraps

Premier Wraps Member

Mar 4, 2009
    My wifes H2 is that burnt orange color stock. The first time we wrapped it I trimmed those vents out. Seamed the hell out of it down inside the windshield wiper areas. That was the last time for that. Looked like hell. You never see it, but I know it's there and bugged me. So this last time I took the entire cowling up and had it painted gloss black. Now the vents blend into the wrap. No matter what color or design we use the vents will always be black. And if we ever go to sell it I'll spend the $150 to have it painted back to the stock color. Even if the color is off a bit you'll never be able to tell because of the location of it. It's just an option. And yes, I know it's my own car and not a customers. But it's worth explaining it to them as an option.