• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wraps are dead...

GWSigns

Yeah, but in my mind as I looked at the first video of the car, all I heard was:

"Car 54, in pursuit of robbery suspect driving a red, ummmm, orange, ummmm, blue, ummmm green..........."

Biker Scout

Before we have true, on the fly color changing paint (to be used nefariously in a get-away) our vehicles will be tracked based on VIN or Occupant ID

threeputt

Wraps are primarily commercial in nature. (some exceptions of course)

Wraps are not dead. A car that has paint that changes color does not sell products, as wraps do.

There is no advertising on that vehicle, although it's kind of cool.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
It would be fun to have ... add to that some illuminated vinyl signage ... lumabrite.com for example or this ball of fun ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysPp-QlShEc&list=UUCd-NHpjOEEzt_14XwgR3mw&feature=c4-overview ... would be interesting to see new laws popping up to the sudden blingage you would start seeing on hoopties. "MAN! WE DON'T KNEED SPINNERS ... WE HAVE BLINGERS ... THAT'S RIGHT *****, OUR CAR SAYS 'POP, POP!' WHAT YOU GOT?!"

I mean heck ... I'm still waiting for someone to come out with an LED wrap sort of like the one merc benz used to turn a car 'invisible' in order to have an easily changable wrap. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqwxNQyFbZA

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
My car changes color every month or so - once I wash it - it changes back.
no special effects required

wayne k
guam usa

toucan_graphics

The technology DOES exist for this(Nissan is exploring and developing it currently) but it isn't practical and would not work on bumpers, mirror shrouds ext that are made of fiberglass and plastic.

Let me know when Oracal or 3M offers color changing vinyl - then perhaps I won't need a printer lol :noway:

TammieH

Yeah, I am not so sure about this as well, I saw this the other day...f can you imagine how expensive this would be?

The pearlescent color changing paints are through the roof as it is.

Don't believe everything you see or read on the net, ESPECIALLY Me! :ROFLMAO:

Cole Not Cold

Yeah, but in my mind as I looked at the first video of the car, all I heard was:

"Car 54, in pursuit of robbery suspect driving a red, ummmm, orange, ummmm, blue, ummmm green..........."

That's what I was thinking. This does make me miss my Hypercolor shirt though.