Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

write port error

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by rrd, Jun 16, 2020.

1. rrd

rrd Member

Sep 18, 2016
    nm
    I run a couple of 1204's and one keeps getting a write port error. Both run on same network, routers, and flexi yet one has no issues and one will print 3-10 inches then gets a write port error. Been working on this for like a month and still scratching my head.
    I have tried running a direct cat 5 to that machine bypassing 2 switches and have tried multiple cables. I have changed the IP several times, nothing. yep network engineer I'm not.

Tags:
  2. pjfmeister

pjfmeister Member

Dec 10, 2006
    Missouri
    Try printing direct to the printer - I believe its a crossover cable direct from your PC to the printer completely bypassing your network....if it still does it I would guess it to be a printer issue and not a network issue...

3. Sindex Printing

Sindex Printing Member

Nov 17, 2018
    Sparks
    Try restarting your print spooler service

4. rrd

rrd Member

Sep 18, 2016
    nm
    How about bad ram. I think the ram on these is only 256megs. Thought about putting in an old 1 gig laptop stick in there

5. jimdtg

jimdtg Member

Jun 18, 2017
    Some places in earth
    If your PC has bluetooth device driver is active, disable it and try again.

6. Solventinkjet

Solventinkjet DIY Printer Fixing Guide

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    If I remember correctly, these boards won't accept higher capacity RAM but I don't think that's the issue anyway. Write port errors are always network issues. Since it didn't work over cross over, I would guess the network chip on the main board is probably failing.

7. Umca

Umca Member

Sep 4, 2015
    UA
    VJ1204 has 128 Mb SODIMM memory
    Also, you can try to print via USB port. For check network communication chip.

• Agree Agree x 1