• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wrong color

Lounge

Design in Adobe Illustrator
Rip software Flexi rip & print(package that came with printer)
HP 315 latex printer

Image on left is what it was printing. Image on right is what it should look like. I have printed this logo many times no problem. The green printed too dark and the gold too light. I ran a color calibration, same thing. The only way I could get it to print correctly was save as a jpeg instead of pdf. Jpeg was no problem with this job being a rectangle but if I need to do a die cut/contour cut what can I do? Why did this happen? What can I do so it does not happen again? Thanks in advance!

IMG_8803.jpg

prizmimaging

Design in Adobe Illustrator
Rip software Flexi rip & print(package that came with printer)
HP 315 latex printer

Image on left is what it was printing. Image on right is what it should look like. I have printed this logo many times no problem. The green printed too dark and the gold too light. I ran a color calibration, same thing. The only way I could get it to print correctly was save as a jpeg instead of pdf. Jpeg was no problem with this job being a rectangle but if I need to do a die cut/contour cut what can I do? Why did this happen? What can I do so it does not happen again? Thanks in advance!

View attachment 158539
It's hard to tell without the actual file. Upload or PM me the file I can check it out for you. If you want to do a contour cut with jpeg file, duplicate the original outlined file on a top layer and place the jpeg file below it.

weyandsign

In Flexi try this: View-> Create Swatch-> CMYK. Cell Dimension 0.4, Horizontal & Vertical spacing 0.5, Number of items per row 5, Advanced: Step 5%, Start 0 End 100%.

Print and laminate this and hang it on your wall.

AGCharlotte

Color management settings changed in illustrator or flexi? are they spot colors? It looks to me like they may have been printing as spots on one printing and built CMYK/RGB on the other.