• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Wrong colours printing

Loorz

Hi guys

We have an HP L25500 and are using digital factory RIP.

Some colours just arent printing or the designs on screen are printin much darker

Printed a whole car wrap last week no problems the printed a sign no problems half hour later tried to print but the charcoal grey colour we want for background colour is comin out wrong everytime
Its printed with a greenish tinge a purple tinge and a brown reddish tinge.. im at my wits end had this printer almost a year n just wont run jobs smoothly

MelloImagingTechnologies

Many years in the Production Business
That’s what happens with thermal printheads that you heat up.
To get short runs well, replace all printheads and run 5-10 feet ahead of your wrap job.

Loorz

That’s what happens with thermal printheads that you heat up.
To get short runs well, replace all printheads and run 5-10 feet ahead of your wrap job.

My printheads haven't done a lot of work at all. I thought about changing printheads but literally they are less than few months old

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Hi guys

We have an HP L25500 and are using digital factory RIP.

Some colours just arent printing or the designs on screen are printin much darker

Printed a whole car wrap last week no problems the printed a sign no problems half hour later tried to print but the charcoal grey colour we want for background colour is comin out wrong everytime
Its printed with a greenish tinge a purple tinge and a brown reddish tinge.. im at my wits end had this printer almost a year n just wont run jobs smoothly
First problem is your assumption that what you see on the screen is what will print. Unless you have your printer and monitor calibrated perfectly together, and even then, you will never get them to appear exactly the same. That being said, it's all down to the profile and settings on your printer, the material, temperature, humidity, etc. Books could be written (and have been) on color management.