• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wrong Firmware on JV3-160SP

Pacific Sign

My JV3-160SP Main Board finally crapped out.

I replaced it with a new one, however, the new main board has a different firmware.
The new main board has the firmware: JV3-250SP v7.10 / MRL-II2

When I boot up the printer I get the following message: "Confirm AMF"
My JV3-160SP does not have a AMF (Auto Media Feeder) for me to confirm.

If I try to do anything else on the printer I just get an error message: "ERROR 30 / OPERATION"

Is it possible to install the correct firmware?
I have the following firmware tool: FWUpdateTool3
But I don't have any firmware files that work.

JV3SP.ROM (didn't work)
JV3MP.ROM (didn't work)
I keep getting E75 or E99 error codes with on the printer side.

Thank you for any/all help.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
You can put the proper firmware on but you have to find it first. Mimaki doesn't publish those anymore. You will need to get the original parameters for that machine from Mimaki which you can do by just emailing them with your serial number. Also, keep in mind that on the JV3 series you can't just put the latest firmware on. You have to start at 1.0 and move up in full version increments.

Pacific Sign

You can put the proper firmware on but you have to find it first. Mimaki doesn't publish those anymore. You will need to get the original parameters for that machine from Mimaki which you can do by just emailing them with your serial number. Also, keep in mind that on the JV3 series you can't just put the latest firmware on. You have to start at 1.0 and move up in full version increments.

Thank you very much for your response. I will email Mimaki about the parameters like you mentioned. (I'm assuming this is the PRM file). I will also find out a way to get the firmware's as well. Thank you very much.

Does anyone have the firmware files for the JV3-160SP?

On another note, these machines are absolute work horses lol