• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

WTB tech for a graphtec style printer to troubleshoot.

LenXIII

This is sort of a duplicate thread of the one I posted in "digital printing" but I have learned that the issue we have is in a system that is designed just like a graphtec JS310-25ES 102" printer. Original link for reference: http://www.signs101.com/forums/show...-quot-printer-Need-tech&p=1118781#post1118781

Basically we have a 126" "china" printer built with seiko mainboards and heads. We are having issues getting the ink to do what we want. First the ink flowed freely through the heads. After cleaning out the pressure valves behind the head we now have a problem with getting ink to come out at all when pressing the purge buttons. The solvent purges just fine. When we press the purge buttons we can hear the motors or solenoids attempting to purge but no ink flows. This printer is brand new and we are learning our lesson of what buying domestically actually gets you in terms of support and such!

I am posting here to primarily find a tech willing to travel to Tampa Bay area FL to trouble-shoot the printer. Any tech familiar with this type of printer who understands the mechanical functions and operation of large/grand format solvent printers should know how to get this up and running. This isn't an "open the box and turn it on" problem - we need a tech that knows his stuff.

I am also willing to trouble-shoot this myself if any of you great guru's have any suggestions. I can post pics upon request. The ink system is just bulk ink gallons with an ink line going through a hole in the cap (not really airtight) then runs the length of the printer to the heads through pressure valves and such. Pretty simple layout.