• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

wtf? Are the heads gone again?

timco1

Just started out of no where. banding like crazy. falcon jr. Used everyday. Did a head soak and cleaning no change. Do I need to replace the heads? THANKS!

Attachments

• 111212224152.jpg
    111212224152.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 112

Tel

I'm not sure I know what a falcon is but if it's the same sort of set up as the 1604 I agree that you should check the dampers captops and capping station, are the ink lines full no bubbles. another thing often missed is the waste ink pipes are they clear, sometimes they get blocked and a tell tale of that is the capping station is always flooded with ink, to prevent this we soak the capping station with cleaning fluid once a week.
But I totally agree I think your problem is ink starvation have a good look round before you even consider the head, also make sure the head is sealing on the capping station OK
regards
Tel

heyskull

Check the capping station is sealing properly.
When you do a clean is ink coming through the pipework, as ink can easily harden and block in these machines
Check the encoders are clean as that looks very uniform.

SC