Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wtf? Are the heads gone again?

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by timco1, Nov 12, 2012.

1. timco1

timco1 Member

Feb 18, 2012
    Just started out of no where. banding like crazy. falcon jr. Used everyday. Did a head soak and cleaning no change. Do I need to replace the heads? THANKS!

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. rjssigns

rjssigns Major Contributor

Jun 4, 2007
    Home Office
    Looks a bit like a starvation issue as the prints seem to get lighter.

3. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    start w/dampers and captops IMO

4. Tel

Tel Member

Apr 29, 2009
    Northern Ireland
    I'm not sure I know what a falcon is but if it's the same sort of set up as the 1604 I agree that you should check the dampers captops and capping station, are the ink lines full no bubbles. another thing often missed is the waste ink pipes are they clear, sometimes they get blocked and a tell tale of that is the capping station is always flooded with ink, to prevent this we soak the capping station with cleaning fluid once a week.
    But I totally agree I think your problem is ink starvation have a good look round before you even consider the head, also make sure the head is sealing on the capping station OK
    regards
    Tel

5. timco1

timco1 Member

Feb 18, 2012
    just put in new dampers did a powerful cleaning. NO CHANGE.... UGGGGGGGG.

6. heyskull

heyskull Very Active Member

Sep 2, 2007
    UK
    Check the capping station is sealing properly.
    When you do a clean is ink coming through the pipework, as ink can easily harden and block in these machines
    Check the encoders are clean as that looks very uniform.

SC