• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

WTF? Contour cut in Flexi converts to uneven dotted line?

SignProPlus-Chip

This is driving me crazy for the last hour, and I have jobs to cut before end of day.

It doesn't matter whether I create a contour cut via filter, or covert a path....the contour cut create is an uneven dotted line. It's only on our RIP/CUT station though. I opened the file on my sytem, and created the contour just fine. I saved the file and opened it up on the other system, and it's a dotted line again.

Any idea what is causing this?

I restarted Flexi, rebooted the system etc...

Using Flexi Design 12

IS it possible that the spot color CutContour was changed to a dotted line so that when you open an existing file it takes on the characteristics of the CutContour for that computer.

SignProPlus-Chip

Nope. No idea what caused it. I think it may have been some type of corruption in the program. reinstalled and all is well.

IS it possible that the spot color CutContour was changed to a dotted line so that when you open an existing file it takes on the characteristics of the CutContour for that computer.

player

Nope, its been a solid light gray line since Version 7 at least.

When you click "make sticker line" in the floating design box there are options to change the line from solid to a number of different things, as well as color?

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
I'm sure you've checked this but...

Select the contour cut path and then check the stroke line type on the Fill/Stroke [or whatever it's called] dialog. Since contour paths are paths with a stoke and stokes can be dotted lines this may be the culprit. Or not.