• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

WTF Fellers?????

wraprat

Seems my customers can now get their wrap material cheaper from fellers than they can from me!!!!! Guess I can just close the doors now! Get your head out of your *** Frank. Do they really think they can sell more to the general public than they can to the industry. Fellers just lost my business!

thesignguy1986

I personally just wrote to Frank directly at Feller's and made him aware though I'm not huge like some of you I still spend 15k with them a year though I do mainly use Grimco I will be stopping all purchases from them and I hope they change their decision to sell to the public. I actually suggest we start a boycott of Feller's to make them understand you don't sell to the public and its quite pathetic they would to make a couple extra bucks when in reality they are losing a ton from our sign shops that will no longer use them. Sorry to rant but I take it personally when a supplier isn't loyal to their customers!

Thanks for reading guys

signrios

Just received this from fellers..

"We are sorry for the inconvenience we have created and we are considering all comments and will make a decision soon concerning this issue.

Thanks again for your input,"

Salmoneye

Next they will be printing and doing will call. I was surprised when I saw that their online catalog had pricing without a trade login.

phototec

If you read all about it in this post:

http://www.signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?112916-Fellers-Catalog&highlight=fellers+catalog

They are saying Frank personally made the decision to sell to show prices and sell to the public, I personally think he just got the bill for his NEW 2014 catalog with all the photos of himself, now up to 78.

I haven't figured out how many more square feet of image area was added to display his face on almost every page, but I'm sure it increased the COST of the catalog, and he has to make more money now to pay for the added costs. So why not just sell wrap vinyl to the hole world!

Frank is NO fool, he sees all the publicity that Miley Cyrus and Justin Bieber received, maybe this is just a publicity stunt?

:ROFLMAO:

brian_fellers

No true

Seems my customers can now get their wrap material cheaper from fellers than they can from me!!!!! Guess I can just close the doors now! Get your head out of your *** Frank. Do they really think they can sell more to the general public than they can to the industry. Fellers just lost my business!

This is 100% NOT TRUE. Long story short, Fellers "new" website was accidentally launched to early without asking for customer info first. This is issue is being addressed ASAP, and the website will be SHUT DOWN (from what I've heard) ;-) until the issue is resolved. Do me a favor, call Grimco, tell them your a contractor, or something similar, and you'd like to buy 10 Finished Signs (Stop Signs, Speed Limit Signs, Handicap, etc.) and guess what? They WILL sell to ANYBODY as long as you "talk the lingo". Fellers DOES NOT SELL TO THE PUBLIC, and Fellers is IS a WHOLESALE SUPPLIER, not just a "supplier". If you Fellers Sales Rep is telling you anything differently, than he is misinforming you. Fellers is TWICE the size of Grimco, we have 72 (about to be 73 next month) warehouses fully stocked, they have 36 warehouses. Grimco is being destroyed by all of their competitors for one simple reason: they eliminated 90% of their OUTSIDE sales reps. They have turned into a "boiler room" and apparently want to be like a SignWarehouse. Fellers deals with EVERY major manufacturer out there, and Fellers will match or beat ANY of it's competitors pricing, all you have to do is ASK YOUR OUTSIDE SALES REP. For those that do not know, for every warehouse Fellers has, there is a dedicated OUTSIDE sales rep traveling on the road, making visits, etc. What happened with the website is and was 100% accidental, and is being dealt with. I think it's pretty funny that Grimco has nothing better to do than put a new banner up on their website announcing "WE ONLY SALE WHOLESALE". LOL I have news for you folks, I personally used to work for Grimco back in 2006, and they do NOT do visit to make sure they are dealing with a "sign company". If you have a Tax ID, and if you can talk the lingo, and act like you know what you are talking about.........THEY WILL SELL TO YOU TOO. Fellers does the best they can to "filter" the calls, but when you are the largest vinyl distributor in the WORLD, let alone the COUNTRY, a few people might slip thru the ropes and get an account open, but there IS a "screening process" before Fellers will give someone an account. Ok, there it is, I know this is against forum rules, but the TRUTH needs to be told, and most of Fellers competitors are being DESTROYED by Fellers. Why? They are BIGGEST distributor in the country which means: MORE BUYING POWER!!! Don't walk away from a great company based on an accidental launch of the website, it is being shutdown, and Grimco is DESPERATE to do whatever they can to "try" and hurt Frank's image. Frank Fellers is the best employer I have ever worked for, and genially cares about this industry, and his customers. For those in the South Florida area, you already know who I am, and I will continue to SCREEN all new customers, and I most certainly do NOT sell to just anybody. If they don't meet the qualifications of either A:) A Wrap Shop or B:) A Sign Company, I will refer them to one of my customers. DONT BUY INTO THE LIES, WE DONT SELL TO THE PUBLIC, WE DON'T SELL TO THE PUBLIC, WE ARE A WHOLESALE DISTRIBUTOR, WE ARE A WHOLESALE DISTRIBUTOR!!

SignProPlus-Chip

For a company the size of Fellers, how do you "accidentally" launch the new website too soon? Someone trip over a cowboy hat and fall on the website "LAUNCH" button?

FFS just admit you wanted a bigger piece of the pie, didn't concern yourself with feedback from current customers, and didn't expect the public lynching you're on the receiving end of now.

If you claim anything else it's disingenuous at best, as it's a pretty transparent set of events that has occurred here.

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck.......

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I find it interesting that neither Fellers nor Grimco, both of whom have numerous members here, have ever participated in the Signs 101 community either to offer help or to advertise.

We use Grimco, and they have had sales reps physically call on us. We are happy with their service and pricing. I have no problem that most of their reps are available by phone at the main location we call (PA) and not on the street.

MtnView

Just purchased from Fellers a couple days ago before seeing this. I need to check the forum more often. We just had Fellers open a small warehouse 25 minutes away with a rep that started stopping in. Will be have a chat with this rep.

phototec

For a company the size of Fellers, how do you "accidentally" launch the new website too soon? Someone trip over a cowboy hat and fall on the website "LAUNCH" button?

FFS just admit you wanted a bigger piece of the pie, didn't concern yourself with feedback from current customers, and didn't expect the public lynching you're on the receiving end of now.

If you claim anything else it's disingenuous at best, as it's a pretty transparent set of events that has occurred here.

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck.......

I agree 1000%, it was NO accident, it was a deliberate effort to SELL MORE VINYL, it was not until the many, many calls directly to Frank from all the un-happy Pro customers that Fellers tune has changed.

Tell me how you accidently launch a website, because I need one?

QUACK, QUACK, QUACK...

:omg:

player

Accidentally got caught trying to screw over an industry, and now see orders dropping 75%.

I wonder how much fun it is selling to the general public? 60 minute sales calls to sell $5 worth of vinyl.

Salmoneye

OK Brian, I will take what you said at face value. Accident, perfect. Now tell me, why is the site still up? I am not normally a Fellers customer but I just met my new Fellers rep this week over the phone and had him price a 10 roll order, (his service was excellent by the way, even contacted the manufacturer to verify some info instead of feeding me BS). Now I wait and tap my foot to see how this plays out. I have not problem with a retail business model, but I want to know whats up before I choose where to spend my $$$.

Salmoneye

Different people see the situation differently. I think that Fellers F'd up either intentionally or unintentionally, they were called to the mat on it and have removed the pricing and said that they do not market to the end user. All of my suppliers sold to me when I started up from home too, lots of guys would be pissed off about that. Our industry is cutting our own throat left and right. Companies are making printers designed for home use, retail companies are giving wholesale pricing to our end users... I spent 1/2 a day on a large bid the other day that we didn't get, when we asked the client how far off we were she put a calculator to it and told us 500%! My materials were almost double the price of her entire quote. Our suppliers don't have to screw us, we'll do it ourselves. As for Fellers, they have been in business for a long time, sold bazillions of yards of materials, and most people are very pleased with them. I ordered from another major supplier recently and 1/2 of the order of finished sheets was scratched. My other major supplier has treated me great but my rep is hard to get a hold of, the other people I have dealt with there screw up the order or don't know much about the product. I know that these other suppliers also sell to large companies/schools etc.. that have in house wide format and are printing their own materials. Fellers sells some materials that other vendors don't and many in cut yardages. I think that can be of service to my business and I think that competition on the supply side is good for us too. I was ready to let his move affect my purchasing, but it has been corrected so no, I see no need to try to bankrupt a great business. Plus, I just can't live with the thought of our shops once a year drinking game that revolves around Frank's photos in the new catalog being lost forever.