• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

WTF: Stupid Application Questions...

ucmj22

what the heII kind of stupid anus questions are these? what are they suggesting... everyone has had a racist moment? How would you answer this, I honestly cant think of a time when I had a bad "Multicultural experience". WTF

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-09-19 at 10.03.31 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-09-19 at 10.03.31 PM.png
    27.8 KB · Views: 92

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
No 7/11s' in southern Illinois?
Driving to work here is a multicultural experience with all kinds of hand signals an sign language.

wayne k
guam usa

ucmj22

I'd stop right there.. that job is not for me.

Its a position at a college. Its a 47% pay increase, so I think I'll suck it up and answer the dumbanus questions... but how, without sounding like a jerk...

No 7/11s' in southern Illinois?
Driving to work here is a multicultural experience with all kinds of hand signals an sign language.

Its not that I haven't had any "multicultural experiences", Ive been to France, Germany, Italy, Kuwait, Iraq and even canada, the problem is I dont change the way I engage people based on how they look or sound, so a failure I might have had in any capacity had nothing to do with ethnicity or culture.

cdiesel

eh, just write that in the space then.

I couldn't work for a college or a large corporation because of all the PC BS..

noregrets

Its not that I haven't had any "multicultural experiences", Ive been to France, Germany, Italy, Kuwait, Iraq and even canada, the problem is I dont change the way I engage people based on how they look or sound, so a failure I might have had in any capacity had nothing to do with ethnicity or culture.

Theres your answer right there! Just write that

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Just tell them the last Dewalt you got at Home Depot came with a "Multicultural" set of instructions and that you were able to understand them & successfully use the tool.....

wayne k
guam usa

ucmj22

Theres your answer right there! Just write that

Good call. I wrote this for both (haven't submitted yet), does it sound too pompous?

I grew up in Aurora, IL, have visited Canada, France, Italy Belgium, Austria and Kuwait. I have lived for extended periods of time in Germany and Iraq. The multicultural experiences I have had are numerous. I can not think of a time when I encountered a person or group of people, had an interaction and thought, "wow I just handled that ethnic group well/poorly." I engage people as human beings and therefore any success or failure in contact would not be based on culture or ethnic background. An approach otherwise would predicated on the assumption that our differences as humans are greater than our commonalities. This is not a doctrine I subscribe to.

visual800

you know how I would answer it! but that is not acceptable to tell the truth as is the society we live in

SD&F

WOW....that really should nail it. Good Luck, as any employer should be thrilled to have someone who judges only on the fact that someone is human.

Mike F

I think they're referring to a situation where you had to accommodate someone because of their religious or cultural beliefs. Only sign related example I can think of is like an Amish guy that required you to hand paint a sign or something like that. Or if you worked at a restaurant and had to substitute or leave out ingredients in a dish because the customer's religion or culture doesn't allow them to eat certain things at certain times or at all. Sorry I couldn't come up with better examples but that's how I took it. I don't see anywhere in either question where they say it necessarily had to be a bad experience.