• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

WTF? This should not happen!

BlueSpot

A technician exchanged print head on our Epson SC30600 for about 1 month ago (the second time because of an error in ink by manufacturer). And then this happened today, see pictures. INK cables has jumped out of the slot and broken them, now it has been splattering black ink over everything. What to do? :frustrated:

Attachments

• Epson1.jpg
    Epson1.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 276
  • Epson2.jpg
    Epson2.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 217
  • Epson3.jpg
    Epson3.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 191

Andy D

That sucks, sorry dude.
Is that a bad crimp I'm seeing in all of the lines?
Could it be a case of the Tech not putting everything back
right that caused the issue? If so, they need to make it right.

That sucks, sorry dude.
Is that a bad crimp I'm seeing in all of the lines?
Could it be a case of the Tech not putting everything back
right that caused the issue? If so, they need to make it right.

Looks like it to me.

Looks like someone put the lines back in in the wrong way. Then when the head moved the lines kinked and either cracked or popped off a connection area. My guess would be they put the ink lines back and bent them the wrong direction. Before touching much of the machine I would look at diagrams for how the ink lines are supposed to be run and see if they are incorrectly led in that machine.

AaronSSsignsKC

That is an issue with something your tech did, there is no reason your lines should jump like that allowing them to crimp. I would have them on the phone asap!

Karen-Kang

A technician exchanged print head on our Epson SC30600 for about 1 month ago (the second time because of an error in ink by manufacturer). And then this happened today, see pictures. INK cables has jumped out of the slot and broken them, now it has been splattering black ink over everything. What to do? :frustrated:

clean the splatter ink, install the ink cable correctly.

BlueSpot

Yeah i tried to fix the cable but it is still leaking. Printhead is probably dried out by now.
The techguy says it can be something he has done wrong, but not likely.
If he`s going to look at it, we have to pay him to get here again (1 hour flight) to see what parts he need and if it was his fault. So this can be very expencive :/
We just payed him $4000 for a new printhead.

Think I just give it up and look for a new printer. Never EPSON again.
Thinking about Mutoh this time maybe.

BlueSpot

:toasting::toasting::toasting:

I thought that now that the printer is garbage and order a new service was out of the question, why not just try to be a techguy myself?
We've got a couple of offers for new printer. Mimaki and Mutoh. Costs about $20000.

I found out where the leak came from, it was the plug to the tube with black ink on the INK tubes path card, it was cracked.
Since there is several channels on the card, I put the black ink tube in a new channel.
Had no faith that the print head was still working thought, since it has been so long outside its station.
But then, took a test print and all nozzles work and the machine is as before :smile:

So much anxiety for someting that was so easy to fix:rolleyes:

Attachments

• IMG_1173.JPG
    IMG_1173.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_1172.JPG
    IMG_1172.JPG
    173.4 KB · Views: 198

BlueSpot

Now our print head has been damaged -_-

We have since day one had problems with the cleaning wiper on the printer,a few times it has jumped out of its place when cleaning.
I think the wiper is responsible for damage the head.

See attached picture: M1 won't print, is this damaged plate the one that prints M1?

Attachments

• FullSizeRender (4).jpg
    FullSizeRender (4).jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 183
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 192

greysquirrel

did an epson tech provide the service? if so, 90 day warranty on parts and labor.if reseller...I would hold them to the same standard.

thesignworks

hello

hello, I bought it used and dirt cheap = NO HEAD, warranty
/\ didn't read this thread before throwing a USED 4900 HEAD (cheap) into the printer, just to see if it fired up

IF I had I would have ok the lid off and cleaned out the track and fitted the new lines that came with it. I did fit the new plastic 90 degree part, that had ripped off...

I have fatal head 1A39 - this happens as the carriage moves left from the capping.

SO I 'may' simply have a nicked flat cable...... or

the yellow and black carts read 90 percent, BUT they are empty, as the ink has pissed out,

I didn't even check they had ink I them, so half the head channels are empty - maybe that I causing the error

or its wrong head, BUT seem to remember my other printers flash up head errors when dry, hmm

the t'internet is all about diagnostics me thinks.

ams

Because Epson sucks and needs to stay out of the sign world. They aren't built well, they are for residential use. Stick with a trusted brand.

thesignworks

erm no,
jig welded chassis, twin rail gantry

non smelly solvent ink = WIN

inspection hatch head swap = minutes

pair cleaning

etc
etc

pray tell, can I run s70600 gsx ink, in a s30600 gs2 machine

or will ink 713100 200 300 400 cartrides read

t6871 2 3 4

thanks

ams

erm no,
jig welded chassis, twin rail gantry

non smelly solvent ink = WIN

inspection hatch head swap = minutes

pair cleaning

etc
etc

pray tell, can I run s70600 gsx ink, in a s30600 gs2 machine

or will ink 713100 200 300 400 cartrides read

t6871 2 3 4

thanks

Ummmm...............What?

thesignworks

message for mr bluespot

is there supposed to be a clip that clips the 'off white' stiffening 'strips x2' to the carriage
this don' t seem be in your pics, ad I'm missing this part also
do you have a pic
thanks

pic 3 - ribbon to carriage